cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile refused credit card, not for insufficient funds. Was previously on as auto pay

Gemfromabox
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile refused credit card, not for insufficient funds. Was previously on as auto-pay method, then I removed it and tried to re-add it. Did the same with all my cards that public has processed in the past. Keep getting this error: 

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

----

has nothing to do with not having available funds on the card. Not sure what is wrong now. I do live in an apartment and I verified I was entering the address the same as what was listed there. It is not on VISAs end. so weird. please help! I am going to use recharge for now but I am very upset as it costs way more. 

I need help adding my credit card back. In hindsight, I should have just left it alone. Unsure why public would not charge this method, when they have been doing so perfectly fine for 3 years. I only found out because I got a text saying my plan did not renew. 

15 REPLIES 15

Gemfromabox

i had to file a ticket. 

@Gemfromabox 

You can only make two attempted or successful payments before the system locks you out for one hour. The same is true for payments via 611. This applies to both vouchers and credit card payments.

Spoiler

I just click on one time payment and in the middle of the page you can click on manage my card. Then I follow this procedure....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

@barrascuk   Well the quickest way to make a payment if needed urgently to keep an account active and the customer doesn't have time to go purchase a voucher from convenience/gas store, is to purchase online from recharge.com, however, that includes a small fee for the convenience.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As said give the system a rest. Delete history and cookies on browsers and/or try another browser. Try a top only. Or a voucher .... ask @darlicious as she knows the alternatives and the fastest ways to get money into your account. 

@Gemfromabox wrote:

I double checked, my card is actually still added. They just won't process it for some reason? 

I used recharge website for now as I run a small business and I need my phone on. used same card there so it's a PM issue. 

@Gemfromabox  time has past now, were you able to make a payment and activate your service?

When there is an Autopay failure, and you need to make an manual payment to reactivate service, it is recommended to choose the other option: 

esjliv_0-1634348395524.png

rather than choosing the "Amount Due" option. For some reason, the "Amount Due" option generates errors sometimes.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try waiting an hour.  Also try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Gemfromabox 

If you still can't register your card, open a ticket with CS:

Type "credit card human" then click "contact us"

That kind of issue happened often when I was at Virgin too. One day all my cc just got refused, had to contact CS to get them registered.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Gemfromabox 

OP mentioned he had card on autopay then he removed it and tried to add it again.

Maybe it is some kind of security feature at PM... why would somebody remove and add the SAME card. I can understand same number/name and different expiry date on the card but removing/adding same card might be suspicious (to PM).

OP should wait few hours and try with browser known to work perfectly with PM.

If everything fails, last resort is to contact CSA (which I would do now to shorten wait time for their response).

@Gemfromabox wrote:

I double checked, my card is actually still added. They just won't process it for some reason? 

@Gemfromabox  the card still on file?  was it a Autopay failure that you found out after?  or you tried a manual top-up and found out?

Autopay could fail for no reason, unforutnately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gemfromabox wrote:

I used recharge website for now as I run a small business and I need my phone on. used same card there so it's a PM issue. 

@Gemfromabox 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$ !

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount: $ ! + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Gemfromabox wrote:

Public mobile refused credit card, not for insufficient funds.

Highly unlikely you hit your credit limit on your card. I do not think CC can report back 'insufficient funds' (but I might be wrong, never happened to me).

Credit card info has to be entered exactly as it is on CC file. I believe you do not have to enter apartment number.

Gemfromabox

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Gemfromabox  do you have another card to try?

You might have to wait a bit before trying the same card.  I think if you tried too many times, PM will put a lock on the card.  

If you don't want to wait, open a ticket with PM to confirm if there was any lock or if they can add the card for you

@Gemfromabox wrote:

Public mobile refused credit card, not for insufficient funds. Was previously on as auto-pay method, then I removed it and tried to re-add it. Did the same with all my cards that public has processed in the past. Keep getting this error: 

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

----

has nothing to do with not having available funds on the card. Not sure what is wrong now. I do live in an apartment and I verified I was entering the address the same as what was listed there. It is not on VISAs end. so weird. please help! I am going to use recharge for now but I am very upset as it costs way more. 

I need help adding my credit card back. In hindsight, I should have just left it alone. Unsure why public would not charge this method, when they have been doing so perfectly fine for 3 years. I only found out because I got a text saying my plan did not renew. 

I wouldn't try too many times because this will put a security lockout on your Public Mobile account from using that credit card for payments. However, I would suggest trying one time to make this payment, but for the address, leave your unit/suite/apartment number out (don't include it).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gemfromabox 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

*just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

Accepted payments for activation (publicmobile.ca)

Pay for your services online (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.