cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile is ripping me off

Meatball69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It says the account has been suspended for non payment when I’m on auto pay I check my bank account and they took their payment on time but charged me $3.95 extra what is going on?

10 REPLIES 10

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you resolved the issue with a moderator? From your numbers, it looks like 13% tax so it they charged you on $15. You said that looking on your bank acccount that you saw this. To get the $2 autopay reward you need to have a creditcard onfile in your selfserve acct. If you do then you were overcharged. The loyalty reward after 1st year you get on the 13th month from when you started with PM.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Meatball69

How do I contact someone who fixes my account I have always paid  15/month -$2 auto pay credit and no that I think don’t I get an extra $ 1 off for each yr service?

@Meatball69 

@Meatball69 wrote:

I pay $15/ month minus $2 auto pay = 13 + tax 1.69 = 14.69 what I have been paying for over a year now it’s 16.95 with tax I think I’m being ripped off 

Ensure autopay is enabled in your SELF SERVE, showing the the bottom of your OVERVIEW tab:

esjliv_0-1610017958082.png

If you feel this has been enabled all along and not being account for, contact the moderators by either of the 2 methods above to inquire about this.

stevenanto

@Meatball69 Has the charge actually gone through or is this what you see in your account on PM?

Do you know how to contact the Mod team? that might have to be your next move. 

@Meatball69 Autopay reward didn't get applied. Open ticket in https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Meatball69

I pay $15/ month minus $2 auto pay = 13 + tax 1.69 = 14.69 what I have been paying for over a year now it’s 16.95 with tax I think I’m being ripped off 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Meatball69 ,

If you still have all your services, and your account is about to renew, and this message you see is in your SELF SERVE, saying "Suspended" or "Expired", please ignore the messages.

This is the normal to see when your account is renewing.

IT CAUSES UNDUE panic, I know. It did for me the first time I saw it too. Hopefully, that is something the PM can change in the future.

If you do not have services maybe your autopay failed (It sounds like you got charged your renewal on your credit card though, yes taxes are always charged on your plan/credit card, but they do not show up in your payments history on your SELF SERVE).

IF no service try to Resume your service.

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service

Reboot your phone.

If still having issues contact the moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

stevenanto

@Meatball69 Which plan are you on? are you a new customer? if this is your first bill you are charged in full and there are taxes. 

can you send us a screenshot with your personal info blurred out?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Meatball69 There's tax. Look if service works. If it works, ignore the mesaages.

Need Help? Let's chat.