cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile

Djole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is Public Mobile a serious business oriented company? Are they able to service their customers? Are they in business of selling not usable SIM cards? I am trying to activate my SIM card and it fails .... and I can't find a way to resolve this .... I am waiting a little bit, and then bye bye PM ...  please advise

16 REPLIES 16

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Djole wrote:

Is Public Mobile a serious business oriented company? Are they able to service their customers? Are they in business of selling not usable SIM cards? I am trying to activate my SIM card and it fails .... and I can't find a way to resolve this .... I am waiting a little bit, and then bye bye PM ...  please advise

@Djole 

At PM all the support service is done online. No phone number to call when you have a problem.

So keep note of these 2 ways to contact Customer support if you ever need help with your account that the Community cannot solve:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Issues that require a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

@Djole wrote:

Thank you all PM Community... it is done, I am in ... MS Edge did the job, rather then Chrome .... cache problem I guess, I use Chrome for payments, always without any problem  ... have a nice rest of the day 

@Djole   glad it is working.  yes, browser or cache sometimes caused troubles.

since it fails in the first attempt, just make sure to confirm you only got charged once and not more .  There has been times that people thought activation failed and tried again and got charged twice.

Enjoy your new service.

Djole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all PM Community... it is done, I am in ... MS Edge did the job, rather then Chrome .... cache problem I guess, I use Chrome for payments, always without any problem  ... have a nice rest of the day 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

thanks for that information,
i appreciate it very much,

you are VIP person god bless you...

@Anonymous 

There have been many cases where the activation appears to have failed after going thru the payment process or recieving a 404 error when clicking on the submit payment button. The customer then redoes the activation "successfully" and discovers two charges on their credit card. This is caused by the sim card not provisioning correctly the first time and allowing it to be activated "again". 

The payment card should always be checked when an activation appears to fail. A payment card that is charged indicates the activation was successful just not the provisioning of the card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Images of Linda Blair in The Exorcist come to mind.

@Djole : We have seen sporadic reports of people being charged for the activation when it seems it didn't work. Then they oddly have working service even though it looked like they errored out.

fx50fh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes of course! it is a sister of telus!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

if fails activation process how credit card will be charged ??

the process of activation fails and the issue with Browser and next steps the website issue

and the OP stuck with it, and again OP will fix the Browser but maybe the SIM card can't process activation, then @Djole  you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@Djole 

Did you proceed thru the activation process and have your credit card charged your plan amount? Are you getting a message on your phone along the lines of sim card not detected?. Is it just not working at all? Can you test the sim in another unlocked phone? If you went thru the activation process and you have no services working the sim card could have just not provisioned correctly upon activation.

If you suspect this contact customer support by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "sim card not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Djole 

note: and very important to you know about transfer old number to Public Mobile

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Djole 

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $60 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

After Dec 1st, the offer will no longer will be on public mobile website, however, if the email it´s registered before or by Dec 1st, he will have until Dec 17th to activate the account and get the full offer,
It doeant matter if you activate today or on Dec 17th, you will always get the offer
The most important is to register your email, before Dec 1st

Get a month of free service,, Plus, get 2GB of free monthly data on any plan $35/mo+

you can activate from Today until December 17 2021,

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service you will be very happy..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Djole wrote:

@Djole  at what point are you having an issue with during the activation pages...found here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

If you past the payment section, insert the Public Mobile SIM card into your phone and see if you have any services.

Having issues? Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

If you did not get past the payment section, close out completely and open a tab in incognito mode, then try the activation of the Public Mobile SIM again.

To active online here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Djole wrote:

Try using a different web browser. Use incognito mode. Clear cache files.

I know it sounds hooky, but try.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

When you activated, did you get a green check mark when you entered the last 9 digits of your SIM into the web site?

45F28934-7975-4F00-87D9-EB25DBAA76F6.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Djole 

is it very lovely serious business by public mobile group of companies mother Telus,

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Djole wrote:

Yes, it's a serious business.

It's part of the TELUS group of companies, so very well established.

Is it a NEW SIM card purchased from an authorized retailer?   Did the amount get charged to your payment card?  (check the transactions)

Try rebooting device and resetting network connections.

If you're porting from another provider, be sure to leave your OLD SIM card in the device to receive the authorization text to enable the port to occur.

Need Help? Let's chat.