cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile still charging old Credit card

Cathy67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed the credit card for auto pay several months ago and public mobile is still charging the old card as well as the new one

6 REPLIES 6

@Cathy67 wrote:

yes it is charging both my AMEX  and my mom's VISA card.  I swopped out my card for my mom's several months ago.  My mom's Visa is the one that shows in the auto pay yet I am still being charged on my AMEX.

And you DON'T have another account linked to the AMEX card?  Huh...

Is it in any way possible that the AMEX card is set to automatically pay Public Mobile from their end (i wouldn't know how this could even be set-up, never owned an AMEX card).   

It would be worth your while to contact AMEX and specifically request details on the payment request/demand from Public Mobile which is occurring.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy67 wrote:

yes it is charging both my AMEX  and my mom's VISA card.  I swopped out my card for my mom's several months ago.  My mom's Visa is the one that shows in the auto pay yet I am still being charged on my AMEX.

Very strange indeed. Contact a moderator. Response may take up to 48 hours. Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a response.

Cathy67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing your credit card and add it back.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy67 

That is most unusual.  

Did you entirely remove one card and inputted a completely different one, or was this being done due to an updated expiry date?

Are you suggesting the identical charges are being posted for the same amounts on the same dates on completely different cards?   Do you have more than one account with Public Mobile and could it be that the other card is being charged for another service?

Please confirm this prior to contacting Moderators.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy67 wrote:

I changed the credit card for auto pay several months ago and public mobile is still charging the old card as well as the new one

Do you have more than one account?

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.