cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile now charging GST and PST?

tapiocapearl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan was just renewed about a week ago and I noticed that GST and PST are not included in the price plan now when it was used to.  I first joined PM about 6 months ago, I paid $120 inclusive of GST and PST.  When my plan was renewed in March, again I did not pay extra GST and PST.  But this time, I was charged $123.2.  I had a $120 for 90 days plan and I had $10 rewards.  So it should be $110.  But I was charged $123.20 i.e. $110 + 12% tax.

Is this something new?

6 REPLIES 6

You just got lucky with the no tax bug. Since I started 6 months ago I have always been paying taxes.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most of us were spoiled with not paying tax on the first bill. But that was incorrect as taxes should be charged for this service. 

tapiocapearl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I looked at PM website again and actually it says that the plan is $120 + tax.  So tax is indeed extra.

Sales taxes have never been advertised, nor should have they ever been included within the price.

Simply put, as above, Public Mobile not charging the proper sales tax is s billing system bug that happens often when someone first activates.  It means that you were undercharged.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is a glitch sometimes you do not get charged tax for your first bill. (you'd think it be fixed by now). 

So you got a savings the first time around. now you pay tax like everyone else (well most ...). 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
As far I know they alway charges taxes.public mobile website doesn't show taxes but if you login and check payment history its usually show up full amount with taxes and also check your credit card history it will show up there as well.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.