cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile not accepting new credit card

michaellemieux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help,

I have no service because Public Mobile isn't accepting my new credit card. I've tried 6 ways to Sunday typing in different combinations and it won't accept it. Keeps saying its the credit cards problem but I've used this new card on Amazon, out and about and it works fine.

Please help!

15 REPLIES 15

@keepasa 

Once received you can load them onto your account.

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious Do you know if vouchers ordered through CCS are already activated once received?  Been reading some past msgs of some vendor vouchers needing few hours to a day prior to be able to load up on account.  I'm guessing same either using 611 or login account methods.

@keepasa 

I strongly suspect they will arrive tomorrow in our emails.

keepasa

@darlicious I also ordered last Tue/Wed. Was short sale and went sold out, LoL.  Maybe we'll get it soon.  Perhaps they sold more than they had and waiting for new batch order arriving?  Anyway they are usually fast and being the long holiday week-end, may take a little more time.  Should get by end of week, my guess.

@dabr Thanks for the added info.

@keepasa wrote:

@dabr @darlicious 

Interesting, thanks.  Would you know if vouchers purchased online via Canadian Cell Supplies are already activated?  Seems to be a popular site which occasionally sells them at discounts.

@keepasa    I never use vouchers (except once to deplete the funds on prepaid CC) and have never purchased from CCS either.  I do think darlicious and others regularly use them and will be able to advise you further. 

If someone does need to apply funds urgently, then the recommended route is to go recharge.com, however, they do charge a small fee for the convenience.

@keepasa 

They are active once received. Although "delivery " times via email can vary. I have yet to recieve the ones I lucked out and ordered at a discount last week. Normally its 3 business days.

keepasa

@dabr @darlicious 

Interesting, thanks.  Would you know if vouchers purchased online via Canadian Cell Supplies are already activated?  Seems to be a popular site which occasionally sells them at discounts.

@keepasa wrote:

@hairbag1 A while back you had mentioned to be sure the payment voucher is "activated" right away...some aren't.  How does one activate it before entering it in our accounts?

@keepasa    I believe @hairbag1 means that the funds on some vouchers don't become available for a few hours and, therefore, leads to not being available to apply to the account immediately, hence having to wait.  I think vouchers from Superstore, London Drugs and Shell are able to be applied immediately though.

keepasa

@hairbag1 A while back you had mentioned to be sure the payment voucher is "activated" right away...some aren't.  How does one activate it before entering it in our accounts?

@michaellemieux wrote:

Thanks I tried different browser, incognito mode, clearing cache and rebooting and nothing worked.

I have submitted a ticket. I guess until then I have no cell service.

you can get a payment voucher from local retail outlet like 7/11, then dial 611 to add it to your account and Reactivate the account. (make sure payment voucher is "activated" right away...some aren't) Then deal with cc issue later.

Alternative is an on-line payment voucher from recharge.com or ding.com.

michaellemieux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks I tried different browser, incognito mode, clearing cache and rebooting and nothing worked.

I have submitted a ticket. I guess until then I have no cell service.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@michaellemieux wrote:

Help,

I have no service because Public Mobile isn't accepting my new credit card. I've tried 6 ways to Sunday typing in different combinations and it won't accept it. Keeps saying its the credit cards problem but I've used this new card on Amazon, out and about and it works fine.

Please help!

@michaellemieux hello if above suggestions fail 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue credit card problems

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@michaellemieux wrote:

Help,

Please help!

@michaellemieux hi try closing your self serve clean your cache reboot and try again using ingognito mode in chrome 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot and try again.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.