cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: WTF?! Public Mobile is refusing my credit card & has shut off my phone

@Owenswake wrote:

I keep getting this message from public mobile when I try to make payment & now they've cancelled my phone. 
"Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

How do I get a public mobile moderator to unblock my card since my credit card is working fine

Use your credit card to buy a voucher from recharge.com and use the voucher to renew your service.

Then there are several things we can look at to do with the credit card.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile is refusing my credit card

I have the same problem and my address is a house.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem:

Had several months of auto-payment working perfectly fine. Until one day - boom! cell phone blocked. Logged to the https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca website to have a look. It says that something is up with my payment method. Fine, trying to update it. Using different Scota cards, same error:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed.

This is just wonderful. Called Scotia bank twice and  they say they see no blocked transactions or anything like that. On top of thar, I have multiple services bound to the same credit card and they all continue working perfectly fine.

Mayor / Maire

I always logon to my credit card account, my bank account, my PayPal account, whatever account the money/payment is coming from... Then I copy & paste each of the relevant fields directly into the info boxes on the site/account the payment is going into. I don't type anything when it can be avoided, I don't want any mismatched or hidden characters to be lost in translation, there's too many different character sets and codes from too many software systems everywhere these days and while they might look the same to the human eye they are instantly recognized as "errors" by automated machinery.

I can't say whether this approach has actually helped or not. But I can say that over the course of a few years my AutoPay (and every Referral AutoPay which I set up) has never broken. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

did you remove old card and add new card? I had that happen to me and that's what I did