cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is refusing my credit card

lucnbernier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to register and pay with my credit card, but Public Mobile is not accepting it.

Message is : Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed.

This might be due to my address being an apartment and Public Mobile is checking every line of the address instead of only number and postal code as everyone else. I contacted my VISA to ask exactly how they registered my address. Also, VISA confirmed to me that VISA is not the one blocking the card, it is Public Mobile.

Is there a phone number I can call to give my number to custumer service?

There is always issues with Public Mobile, I am getting dissapointed...

Thanks

50 REPLIES 50

Stirling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem. Trying to set up a “ticket” for an Agent their system won’t let me!

@djarems wrote:

Old neighbourhood. Old Canadian Avion Visa. Never had this issue anywhere else. 

HI @djarems  if you waited and tried , if PM agent checked and still unable to figure out why, then prepaid credit card maybe the only option.  Of course you can try another credit card

djarems

I appreciate the advice but I have a perfectly good Canadian visa that works every where else. Not gonna buy a prepaid... This company needs to figure out their issues. 

Then yes refer to the previous reply from htidegnow.

Adding - @djarems 

djarems

Old neighbourhood. Old Canadian Avion Visa. Never had this issue anywhere else. 

hI @djarems 

buying voucher to activate is not an option anymore

what you can do is to buy a Prepaid Credit card.  With prepaid credit card, you can then put in any postal code to activate

@djarems- lol and that's not an option. Can you try google maps to see if they can find your address? Particularly your postal code. Seems some new neighbourhoods aren't known to google yet. Or is your card possibly a Simplii branded card? Or even, is it from the states?

djarems

I'm just trying to sign up. After 5 days of going back and forth emailing Public about how to get an account because my credit card is no accepted... Their only option for me is buy vouchers. 😑

HI @djarems 

yes, it seems to be a very common issue

are you PM customer trying to update credit card?  Please wait an hour and try again. Try using Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser to login My Account, it will help

djarems

Same thing has happened to me. Why does this happen to so many people but nothing is done about it. It's problem after problem with Public Mobile. 

@elhonsaliam wrote:

Public Mobile is refusing my new credit card (Mastercard), the error message says that I should contact the card issuer. When I contacted the bank they told me that there is an issue in public mobile system and not in the credit card. now my line is blocked and I absolutely need to activate it.

Thanks

Hi @elhonsaliam sorry to hear you are having this problem.  After so many tries, the system locks you out.  Wait an hour.  Before logging back in, delete your browsing history, cache and cookies.  Reboot.  Then try again.  You can also try using  different browser and/or incognito mode.

If you are still having issue, contact the Moderator Team using the links provided by @JK8 above.

I hope this helps

RosieR

@HALIMACS wrote:

@JK8 

Does the card become locked permanently from use with Public Mobile, or is it only for a time based period?

If @elhonsaliam were to wait an hour, clear cache and cookies, open an incognito tab and try entering the credit card information again, might that not work?

The notes I have seen in this community is that after a few failed attempts it will be locked and to contact a moderator to have it unlocked. However from my own experience with other areas of self service even though it may say to contact a moderator it is not always necessary after some time has gone by.

@JK8 

Does the card become locked permanently from use with Public Mobile, or is it only for a time based period?

If @elhonsaliam were to wait an hour, clear cache and cookies, open an incognito tab and try entering the credit card information again, might that not work?

@elhonsaliam wrote:

Public Mobile is refusing my new credit card (Mastercard), the error message says that I should contact the card issuer. When I contacted the bank they told me that there is an issue in public mobile system and not in the credit card. now my line is blocked and I absolutely need to activate it.

Thanks

After a few failed attempts the card will become locked. You will need to contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

elhonsaliam

Thanks

flyingsquirrel

PM allow the card before is not necessary mean they will allow now.

May be they just discovered some discrepancy in the name or address so they blocked the card.

Try another card with the same name on the account and see. Just for the sake of testing.

LindseyGrace

I had a known good card registered, using that card for the last 6 months for AutoPay successfully, suddenly today for no reason payment does not go through, but AutoPay bonus does. Checked with bank, vendor (Public Mobile) did not even attempt to process payment. No issue with card, works everywhere else at this moment. Removed known good card and cannot re-add to payment methods. Tried information exactly as shown, same information that worked previously with no issues and works at other vendors today since this issue with Public Mobile started. Seems like a provider service or server issue. A time frame on a fix or steps to resolve would be appreciated, thanks!

flyingsquirrel

Does the credit card you use has the same name under your PM account?

My problem was that the name was different.

jessekane2

I'm having this exact same problem:

-Been with PM for a year

-Auto-pay no issues

-Phone randomly stopped working

-Log on to find my Card is suddenly rejected with no real explanation as to why. 

inspyre

I am trying to update my card's expiry and cvv only, and now I am having to verify everything with Public as something triggered a problem. Really shouldn't be this hard as only the expiry and cvv changed.

@Sedul wrote:

I'm using a credit card, not a prepaid credit card and yes i'ts one of the below.

I actually had it registered, then I removed the payment card to re-register and now it's giving me problems.

Messaged the Moderator_Team.

This is happening with Koodo too.

I just signed my wife up with our MC and it worked fine. Not sure maybe its the type of card you are using. 

Sedul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm using a credit card, not a prepaid credit card and yes i'ts one of the below.

I actually had it registered, then I removed the payment card to re-register and now it's giving me problems.

Messaged the Moderator_Team.

This is happening with Koodo too.

@Sedul wrote:

Can't get this to work.

Trying Auto Pay or One-Time Payment with Card entered Address Info matching Credit card Statement and Profile.

What gives? Who can Help? How can I re-register a new Auto PAy Card or do one-time payments to buy addons?

Are you using a prepaid credit card to set up auto-pay? 

Not sure why it wouldn't work? I used my to set it up recently and worked fine.

Is your card one of the below listed?

If you didn’t register a credit or Visa debit card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit

Sedul

Can't get this to work.

Trying Auto Pay or One-Time Payment with Card entered Address Info matching Credit card Statement and Profile.

What gives? Who can Help? How can I re-register a new Auto PAy Card or do one-time payments to buy addons?

lucsofati

Me too... 😡

lucsofati

Same thing for me since the first minute where I subscribed...

May be Public Mobile does it on purpose so they don't have to pay credit cards fees... Probably they want you to buy their "voucher..."

TOO BAD... I WILL UNSUBSCRIBE FROM PUBLIC MOBILE AFTER ONE MONTH ONLY...

terrybev

did you remove old card and add new card? I had that happen to me and that's what I did

I always logon to my credit card account, my bank account, my PayPal account, whatever account the money/payment is coming from... Then I copy & paste each of the relevant fields directly into the info boxes on the site/account the payment is going into. I don't type anything when it can be avoided, I don't want any mismatched or hidden characters to be lost in translation, there's too many different character sets and codes from too many software systems everywhere these days and while they might look the same to the human eye they are instantly recognized as "errors" by automated machinery.

I can't say whether this approach has actually helped or not. But I can say that over the course of a few years my AutoPay (and every Referral AutoPay which I set up) has never broken. 

molodtsovdenis

I have the same problem:

Had several months of auto-payment working perfectly fine. Until one day - boom! cell phone blocked. Logged to the https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca website to have a look. It says that something is up with my payment method. Fine, trying to update it. Using different Scota cards, same error:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed.

This is just wonderful. Called Scotia bank twice and  they say they see no blocked transactions or anything like that. On top of thar, I have multiple services bound to the same credit card and they all continue working perfectly fine.

flyingsquirrel

I have the same problem and my address is a house.

Need Help? Let's chat.