cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is refusing my credit card

lucnbernier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to register and pay with my credit card, but Public Mobile is not accepting it.

Message is : Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed.

This might be due to my address being an apartment and Public Mobile is checking every line of the address instead of only number and postal code as everyone else. I contacted my VISA to ask exactly how they registered my address. Also, VISA confirmed to me that VISA is not the one blocking the card, it is Public Mobile.

Is there a phone number I can call to give my number to custumer service?

There is always issues with Public Mobile, I am getting dissapointed...

Thanks

50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Owenswake wrote:

I keep getting this message from public mobile when I try to make payment & now they've cancelled my phone. 
"Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

How do I get a public mobile moderator to unblock my card since my credit card is working fine

Use your credit card to buy a voucher from recharge.com and use the voucher to renew your service.

Then there are several things we can look at to do with the credit card.

Owenswake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting this message from public mobile when I try to make payment & now they've cancelled my phone. 
"Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

How do I get a public mobile moderator to unblock my card since my credit card is working fine

lucnbernier

It's fixed

Public mobile blocked my credit card and they didn't send me a message to inform me. A moderator unblocked it.

Public mobile need to update the paiement system to let us know if they are blocking our card.

Smartin_20

Public mobile uses Salt Payments Inc. 

salt has blocked my Visa on two accounts so I added a MasterCard without issues. 

Sent an email to Salt and will post an update once I hear back. 

Visa did not see any pending or denied online transactions; appears as an issue in Salt’s system. Not transmitting to card issuers. 

@lucnbernier, it's time to send a message to a moderator. Phoning a moderator? I believe if you started with PM since day one, you may have grandfathered into that 'calling them,' but, I truly believe if you can't resolve your issues through the community, you need to send a message to a @CS_Agent. One way to do this is how I had tagged them in this message.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.
  • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).
  • Click here to send them a private message. - IN your private message do include your Public Mobile Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue. DO NOT POST THIS INFO IN THE COMMUNITY FORUM.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on the message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

lucnbernier

I tried all of that already, so many times...

Public Mobile paiement system is clearly the issue. I never had any issue to purshase anything online... except on Public Mobile. The worst is they still haven't provided a phone number to call to customer service. 

@bryclops, no, the only the dash between apt and street numbers.  NO OTHER SYMBOLS.

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe try a # sign in front of the unit number 

#1203 - 70 Fake Street

@lucnbernier, have you tried clearing yoru cache, or private / incognito mode browsing?  There could be extra information on your PC that is causing this to happen.

The payment system isn't broken - something you're entering is the problem, whether it's your typing or cache on your PC / device/

I've registered on various websites using the method described above by @mpcdesign.

There should be no spaces between the digits and the dash, eliminate all other puncuation.

I previously worked in an IT Department, looking after various things including printing of addresses on bills / envelopes.  This is the 'gold standard' of addresses, prefered by Canada Post and the business community.

lucnbernier

yes I tried and it's not working.

Public Mobile need to fix their horrible payement system...

bryclops

You tried with spacing?

lucnbernier

I tried before and it didn't work

bryclops

If your unit number is 1201 and building number is 70 try putting as follows:

1201 - 70 Fake street 

Note the spacing between the dash on each side.

lucnbernier

Hi, I already tried to leave the apartment number blank and it is not working. I tried everything.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@lucnbernier, I know exactly how you feel! Because I went through the same thing and thought is this worth it?

I was having this issue all the time with Public Mobile. And I just found out if you live in an apartment building, we have the option to enter the apartment building or suite number in the box beside the street address. DONT DO THAT!

Why? This is why the system is not accepting out payments. It's the payment system that is not understanding the suite number for whatever reason. The rumour is to not include a # of apartment or condo since the system does not accept them is confirmed. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paiement-de-votre-service/Re-Impossible-de-faire-un-p...

I input my address as Apt#-Street#, simply because it is the preferred addressing method as advised by Canada Post. And now by Public Mobile. I probably can guarantee you this will now work for you. So, in your address when putting in your address for your credit card.

See my screenshot.

This is how you should do it! By leaving the Apt# dialog box empty, and entering your address like a letter, will work in the payment systemThis is how you should do it! By leaving the Apt# dialog box empty, and entering your address like a letter, will work in the payment system

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lucnbernier, is an apartment number involved in the address.  I don't live in a high rise and so I don't have any personal experience to share.  I have read that excluding the apartment number from the address will work.  Just enter the street number only.

lucnbernier

Yes I even tried on a different computer. And I tried to write the address in many different ways. As I said in my post, I contacted VISA to write the address the very same way. I don't know why Public Mobile is verifying every line of the address when nobody else is...

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried clearing your browser cache, use a different browser (Chrome seems to work well for a lot of people) and/or use incognito mode?

You CC billing address needs to be exactly as in your statement.

Special characters might trigger an error and IIRC there was somebody who said once they left the appartment field blank it worked for them.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can buy a voucher or I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to fix it up.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.