cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile as a reoccurring bill?

uymai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey -- i get 2% cash back on my credit card for reoccurring bills, but my auto pay public mobile payments  show up as  "Other"  -- anyone have any idea which vendor code public mobile falls under?  should they be considered recurring bills?

44 REPLIES 44

aa12345
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't believe in that response that it has to be monthly, not 30 days interval, to get the bonus.

I have a PRESTO card (for Toronto transit) and have it conifgured to top up $20 whenever the balance goes below $10.  It gets topped up to $20 on a irregular basis, not monthly, not 30 days, just whenever the balance goes low.  I've been getting reoccuring payment cashback bonus on my VISA from PRESTO whenever the top up occurs since they have my credit card on file in a pre-authorized manner.

The vendor, Public Mobile in this case, who is charging the credit card needs to do something on their end to signify to the credit card companies that they are pulling money in a pre-authorized fashion so we can get these bonus

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Today, I had to contact Internet provider in regard of reoccurring bill payments since I did not get any cash back on my credit card. Their explanation was: to be considered as “Recurring bill payment” it has to reoccur every month, but our service is not based on monthly cycle, but on 30-days cycle.

I think this is also true in Public Mobile case.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote: 

Well, you've tagged the moderators for a response.

That link you provided suggests that you must add the merchant to you card not just use it: "Set up Pre-Authorized Payment on your TD Credit Card and stay on top of your payments.".

Good luck.

Well, this would be difficult to accomplish if your rewards different every month, as Pre-Authorized Payment set up for same amount that reoccurs every time in the future.

@aa12345 wrote:

I don't agree that this isn't reoccuring payment.  My credit card is on file for auto pay which means that my card is on file with them in a pre authorized way and public mobile reoccuringly automatically charges me every 90 days. I'd like someone from Public Mobile to comment on this... they should be able to flag transactions like this so that when money is pulled from the credit card it is labelled as a PAP.

Well, you've tagged the moderators for a response.

That link you provided suggests that you must add the merchant to you card not just use it: "Set up Pre-Authorized Payment on your TD Credit Card and stay on top of your payments.".

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

aa12345

I don't agree that this isn't reoccuring payment.  My credit card is on file for auto pay which means that my card is on file with them in a pre authorized way and public mobile reoccuringly automatically charges me every 90 days. I'd like someone from Public Mobile to comment on this... they should be able to flag transactions like this so that when money is pulled from the credit card it is labelled as a PAP.

laiingri

@aa12345 It's not a recurring payment as it's prepaid without any commitment. It's an issue to take up with your credit card company, I think. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

aa12345

@CS_Agent  I also have this problem as well.  I have a TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card that awards 3% cash back on recurring bill payments. 

https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/products/credit-cards/cash-back/cash-back-visa-infinite-ca...

The charge from Public Mobile is only ringing up as a normal payment.  However, this should be a reoccuring charge since my credit card is on file with them as a Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP).  Can someone at Public Mobile look into this so that when credit cards are charged, folks like us can take advantage of credit cards that give bonus points for recurring bill payments.

FYI - When I was with Bell Mobility, my cell phone charges were rewarded the bonus 3% cash back

@shawnie_boy  There is an annual fee for that card though.   It works if  you travel or  use it alot.

uymai

@will13am wrote:

This behavior may be due to auto pay being an optional item at the vendor end.  Unlike pay after accounts, you are not forced to pay at renewal time.  If you choose to pay, you get service, if not then service stops. 

possible, but from what i can gather, it might be a checkbox when they charge your credit card

uymai

what tangerine category does it fall under?  that's who i'm with

Also my tangerine give me 2 percent too.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you should consider the MBNA World Elite - gives you 2% back on everything. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This behavior may be due to auto pay being an optional item at the vendor end.  Unlike pay after accounts, you are not forced to pay at renewal time.  If you choose to pay, you get service, if not then service stops. 

Need Help? Let's chat.