cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Will Not take my credit card information when i try setting it up on payment page why?

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i checked with my credit card company and they confirmed that my cc is working fine. Nothing is stopped. However, when i input my cc information on the payment page for auto payment it gives me a message that there is an error. This is really frustrating. Can someone fix this?

I am using a mastercard.

I also tried a visa cc and still failed.

16 REPLIES 16

twlau65

thank you for your help everyone. I tried a different cc and it worked. 

@twlau65  It is unfortunate that your credit card cmpany did not originally mention there were several pending charges. If it is only one account being activated and there are pending charges on more than one card choose which card you intend to use. Then call back both card companies and explain  your situation so they can cancel or make a note on your account that you want the charges reversed. The message the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue. Once you are contacted by the moderators they will help straighten out the multiple charges so only the preferably first charge to your account is approved. You are not alone in having a problematic activation...one of my accounts took over six hours due to similar issues not using the right browser, clearing the cache and using secret/ incognito mode. Once the account is set up whenever you make any changes within your account always practice those steps...like when you go in to add the $0 holiday 1gb data and 400 international minutes add ons from public mobile. ALL CAPS are only necessary during the input of your credit card info and when trying to express your frustration with the occasional glitches that pop up from time to time on pm. The price we all pay for cheap mobile service...Welcome to public mobile.

@twlau65If your credit card has been locked / blacklisted by Public Mobile, the Moderators are the only people who can undo that, they rarely reply on this forum unless they are new, so your caps are probably in vain. Public Mobile does have a highly sensitive anti fraud system for credit card purchasing. Things you have to put with if you want to save a few bucks.

twlau65

WOW PM IS SUCH A **bleep**TY system . I didn't know how many glitches and issues this website can have. 

I called my credit card company and they said they these charges are in pending mode . they didn't stop my payment . I used my same cc after to buy stuff and it went through. If PM locked me out then how the h e l l do i get myself unlocked?? I tried icognito and i get an annoying message telling me : The SIM number you’ve entered is currently reserved by another session. Please close all open browsers and try again after 50 mins.

I HAVE ALREADY SPENT 8 HOURS TRYING TO GET THIS S H I T SYSTEM TO TAKE MY PAYMENT. 
HAS ANYONE EVER EXPERIENCED THE SAME TROUBLE AS ME? OR AM I JUST UNLUCKY ?

AND DON'T MIND ME TYPING IN CAPS. . I AM DOING THAT AS I WAS TOLD PM LOVES TO HAVE EVERYTHING TYPED IN CAPS

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

If you're using regular credit card(s) on this, as others have said, don't input a space between the 1st & 2nd set of numbers/letters in your postal code, BUT as opposed to what others have said, when I recently activated, I DID use a unit # in my address, since it's been mentioned many times, on other sites, that when inputting CC info, the name & address must match EXACTLY with what is on the card and/or your monthly statement. For instance, if your statement has something like "#15 - 2275 Whatever St." on it, I suggest inputting "2275 WHATEVER ST." in the address field, and "15" in the unit # field.

Unfortunately, as has also been mentioned, if you've tried this too many times, you MIGHT be locked out at this point.... Smiley Sad

Are the credit cards in question regular credit cards, or one of those prepaid cards?

@twlau65If you are stuck that long, chances are you credit card has been locked out of the system. I would suggest go to a store or online places like recharge.com and purchase a voucher and activate and overcome the problem for now. Contact the moderators if you don't have another credit card to activate autopay and give them the cc info and get them to do it manually.

twlau65

I did that by excluding the spaces .. i am still getting this same message

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again.
If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

If you're using a payment voucher and are experiencing up to a 1 minute delay to activate, please click on the Activate button again.

I have been stuck on this since 7 hours today..

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

While I agree with the other folks mentioning NOT inputting a space in between the 1st & 2nd sets of letters/numbers in your postal code(ALTHOUGH I have run into one or two sites that required the space), in my case, the activation went through just fine while using a Mastercard, and I DID input a unit # in my address.

My advice, would be to make sure that your name, on the activation, is EXACTLY as it appears on your card and/or monthly bill, and that the address is also EXACTLY the same. For instance, if you usually input something like, "#15 - 2275 Whatever St." on items you need to add an address, use "2275 WHATEVER ST." in the address field, and input "15" in the unit # field.(As for all CAPS, I honestly don't recall whether I used that or not..... I suspect I did, given other replies I've read on these forums.)

Credit cards going through properly, from what other sites have mentioned, depends on names & addresses matching exactly.

@twlau65 wrote:

sorry i find it very hard to read the Public Mobile modem.. his grammar is awful and i can't make out what he is trying to tell me.  Does he  mean to leave a space in between the postal code? or to leave the last letter out? 

@twlau65  Either depending on how it appears on your billing statement.  If there is no space then input it like this : X0X0X0 or if there is a space : X0X 0X

@twlau65  Almost everything has been mentioned except one...and to summarize:

Clear your browser. Use secret/incognito mode. Chrome or Firefox work best. Use JavaScript and cookies. Copy your address exactly from your billing statement. Leave the unit/apt box blank. Do not put a space in the postal code. USE ALL CAPS. Do not try using the same card too many times as it will trigger a security/fraud lock out. Hope this helps.

twlau65

sorry i find it very hard to read the Public Mobile modem.. his grammar is awful and i can't make out what he is trying to tell me.  Does he  mean to leave a space in between the postal code? or to leave the last letter out? 

twlau65

this is a brand new activation. Helping my family setup a new plan 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@twlau65 In addition to the other suggestion, whenever the online system has thwarted me, opening a new incognito window usually helped.

Are you trying to activate a new, or pay an, existing account? If existing does it already have a credit card registered?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@twlau65 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 wrote:

i checked with my credit card company and they confirmed that my cc is working fine. Nothing is stopped. However, when i input my cc information on the payment page for auto payment it gives me a message that there is an error. This is really frustrating. Can someone fix this?

I am using a mastercard.

I also tried a visa cc and still failed.

@twlau65 PM's system is problematic. Use Chrome if possible. Make sure javascript and cookies are enabled. Use uppercase only. Do not enter Apt or unit number. Do not enter a space for postal code. Do not use any special characters snd make sure autocomplete is turned off.

Need Help? Let's chat.