cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile: Heads up, your payment is due soon. message came too early? Anyone else see this?

vehementflame
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I received a text message today from 611 that said:

<quote>Public Mobile: Heads up, your payment is due soon. Please ensure that you have enough funds in your account. If you have AutoPay, please ignore this msg.</quote>

My account payment due date is actually not until December 11, 12 days away, according to my self serve portal page.

This message was received 1 hour after I received a congratulations text message from 100 for a successful referral, which applied the current $20 referral credit to my account.

I haven't seen this "early" text message about an upcoming due date happen to me since signing up in August with PM and I was just curious if maybe this message about my account being due was somehow related to the new/current promotion in some erroneous way, and/or if others have seen this happen on their account too recently?

Interestingly, as a side note, I also had someone try to use my CC for a fraudulent purchase on Facebook today; for ads it looks like. This was my CC for which I have setup with Public Mobile AutoPay. Not thinking it is at all related in any way, but just that this CC is now cancelled and I find it serendipitous, as it reminded me to change my payment method here with Public Mobile so I don't have problems with AutoPay going forward. Thank You, Jesus!

2 REPLIES 2

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@vehementflame   I find PM's messages not to be to always reliable as sometimes the text alert about payment due never arrives, but I don't remember getting one a couple weeks in advance of the due date, so that is a bit unusual. 

However, unusual things seem to happen at PM quite a bit it would seem:) 

@vehementflame 

Yes, I just posted about that less than a minute after you.  I received the reminder a few hours ago, but just got around to talking about it now. From what I see, this isn't going to affect anyone's service, and that the message is probably just a minor annoyance at most.

Need Help? Let's chat.