cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pub Mob renews autopay long before it is midnight anywhere in Canada, reducing available data.why?

Patsy1951parker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5 REPLIES 5

@gblackma wrote:

@Patsy1951parker It renews at 2am est standard time uniformly across Canada. So if you are out West, you will lose the hour.

The time of the credit card being charged through the autopay system doesn't match up wihen plans are renewed. Plans also don't always renew at the same time for each renewal.

The autopay system bills the card before the actual renewal.  For some renewals, even as late as 5am/6am, the renewal still hasn't completed.

Usage does get reset for me at midnight, but I've found about a 30 minutes delay from when the couters reset and when data starts working again if you had ran out of data durng the previous biling cycle. As the usage counters get reset near that midnight timeframe, it's possible for service to keep working for a partial day even if the the renewal fails later on.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Patsy1951parker  Dial 611 from you phone to get you next plan renewal date and time.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Patsy1951parker How do you know it renewed early? 
My plan renewed yesterday and i did pay close attention to it. Around 6 PM PST, status changed to "Plan Expired" without any warning and old data bucket still available to use. At around 9 PM, all rewards were converted to balance and suspended warning was displayed. Data was also reset which makes sense because it is based on EST time and so date is already changed. Then system takes a few more hours to complete the renewal. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The overview page is lying. The date up top is the new term. Not the end of the old term. They want their money the day before or overnight autopay to that new day.

Edit: or think of it that out west you get your data early.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Patsy1951parker It renews at 2am est standard time uniformly across Canada. So if you are out West, you will lose the hour.

Need Help? Let's chat.