cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotions weren’t applied

Inesa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I talked to the customer service about the promotions and they say it will be applied on the January payment. However, the promotions were not applied and there was no response from the customer service even when I wrote them.

27 REPLIES 27

In this case,  @stevenanto , my original post was posted on the thread about 24 hours ago but it just went 'poof' and got moved to my rejected items (for some unknown reason?)

So I just reposted it several hours ago and it's along the same lines to @darlicious post.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious isnt it funny when that happens haha, youre typing and then you see a notification and you look, youre like yeah....i was gonna write that.

@Inesa 

Edit: Now that @HALIMACS just wrote out basically what I was halfway thru writing just follow that advice.

Hi @Inesa  ( repost of the same thing I posted about 14 hours ago but seems to have vanished...)

@Inesa 

Firstly, Public Mobile owes you $5.00 off the January renewal.  If that doesn't show very soon, I would contact the Moderator to advise it was not credited.   It might have something to do with the "system issue" which occurred on the December renewal (they charged $10 and then reversed $10 so while it balanced out, that may have had some impact on the $5 promotion... just a guess)

The payment transaction screen is very confusing to follow.   Bear in mind a couple of things, especially in the first couple of cycles:

1. your auto-pay discount of $2.00 per cycle doesn't apply toward the initial payment for the first cycle of service.  It get's credited to your account and adds to the first renewal credit, where it shows 2 x $2.00
  2. there are NO TAXES included in the self-serve payment transaction screens so all amounts are NET before taxes - where this gets confusing for some is the amounts on this screen will not match the amounts showing on your credit/payment card transactions
  3. if you activated with a referral bonus, that too will show on the first renewal, reducing it by a further $10 - you didn't have that so no impact

Regarding how much your on-going payment should be, well, with the $35.00 plan on auto-pay for the promotion you are on, you should be paying $28.00 per month + applicable taxes.

Since Public Mobile owes you $5.00 for the seemingly missed January credit, your NEXT renewal (on February 21) should show 2 x $5.00 credits after you contact them to rectify their error in not applying the January credit.

SO, the February 21 payment should be $23 + applicable tax.

After that, the next 3 months should return to $28.00 + applicable tax to wrap up the 6 x months $5.00 discount.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

What does your counter on tbe left side of your overview say?

I think that's the other left. 🙂

@Inesa 

Ok again thats messed up....it looks like it should have applied correctly in December ( I believe this promo gets applied on months 2 thru 7.) The moderator mentioned the applying of a $10 credit which usually is shown as a SYSTEM ISSUE but you were charged the base plan charge ($10) twice so that credit was clawed back. No $5 credit was given for january. 

If they are applying this months 2 - 7. They owe you $5. If its supposed to be months 1 - 6. They owe you $10. What does your counter on tbe left side of your overview say? 1/6? (which is currently correct) 2/6 or 3/6 if the promo had been applied correctly.

Looks like you have a zero balance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Inesa : I wonder what the System issue was on Dec 23rd. I wonder if that tripped the change rate plan condition. That's a funny way to display the plan with the line above saying 2GB and then one saying 3G. But no it doesn't look like you got the Jan $5.

Inesa

There are so many adjustments, it’s so confusing. One time $5 off promotion that I see on the December 23, not on January payment. Also my payments are different every month, so this doesn’t help at all. Can you tell me what’s my payment after all the promotions and taxes are applied?

A979FD8B-E2AB-4734-80A6-6978C3DFAB7D.jpeg

Thank you.

@Inesa 

If you could screenshot your payment history page in your Public mobile self service account, that would provide more information.  Omit any personal information of course.  

I believe you're correct, @Inesa , thanks for looking into that.

Based on that, it does appear you're getting the advertised $5.00 off.

Excellent!!!

Inesa

The last payment looks like it was finally adjusted. Hopefully, that was corrected and it will stay till the end of promotion. 

44C62A3F-6A3D-4C9E-9BB0-FC9563C1C5AD.png

6BAD974B-82D7-4DAA-A5E5-E182D62C2D6A.png

AF8D8BEB-BE40-4110-AA9A-02A7D92656D6.png

Hi @Inesa 

Can you advise what YOU paid from your payment card transactions since you activated?

Like just provide a summary of Date/Payment Amount for any payment transactions made to Public Mobile from the November activation?   This way we can all better visualize what was paid vs what was received by way of services and credits.

(Would also be helpful if you might indicate whether you received a referral reward and auto-pay rewards if you have a payment card registered for auto-payment on the account)

In addition, can you provide a screen shot of items under your "Payment History" on self-serve for the past 90 days.   It will look something like this:

HALIMACS_0-1611584813924.png

Inesa

Yes, but even with taxes the numbers should be different... 

@Inesa 

It should look similar to the RBC promo......Screenshot_20210125-025055~2.png

@Inesa 

Thats confusing....its possible its a new moderator too....in your payment history do you see a $10 credit with SYSTEM ISSUE beside it? On your overview page is the promotion shown on the left side?

@Inesa Did you remember tax? 

Inesa

Everything was met. I was a new customer with $35 plan who activated the account on November 23. 

Inesa

This is an email from one of Moderator team members: 

I've just renewed your 35$ plan while using the 35$ you've had on your account and I've also applied the 5$ off 6 months promo so that on the January 22nd 2021 renewal you've already received 5$ on your account from the first month which is December 2020, but you will get another 5$ for the second month which is January 2021 and the 2$ auto pay bonus making the total 12$ and you will only pay 21$ to renew your 35$ plan! 

Unfortunately nothing was applied, it was just a nice chat... I don’t see any applied promotions besides $2 off on my autopay.

I felt that I was talking to good customer service, but to find out later that it was only the talk, no actions...  

@Inesa wrote:

I opened on November 23rd, 2020 on the Black Friday deal. 

Just to be 100% clear, @Inesa , are you referring to the BELOW deal?   Please look it over and let us know if all conditions were met.   You must have submitted the e-mail to register for the promo, got the confirmation e-mail that you're eligible, then activated on a plan of $35 or higher to get it - did you?

"Hey Community, 

Effective Monday, November 23, 2020, until December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can sign up to get $5 off every month for 6 months when they activate on select plans online. This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Offer Details: 

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $38 or $43 plan
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $35 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

Please note that this offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Inesa : You should have got the $5 credit for your Dec 23rd renewal. Check your payment history. You should see rewards and deposits and purchases. This will show the amounts before any taxes. Your payment card will show taxes.

Edit: And did you activate yourself online and did you submit an email address and did you use the same email address at activation and did you pick a plan >= $35?

And if you did submit an email address...when exactly? Maybe you were actually in for the 1gb per month promo.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Inesa wrote:

@Inesa hi my memory is terrible what deal are you missing? 

Inesa

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Inesa wrote:

I talked to the customer service about the promotions and they say it will be applied on the January payment. However, the promotions were not applied and there was no response from the customer service even when I wrote them.

@Inesa hi what date did you activate? if it was the recent promo it will be credited to your account within 30 days of your activation

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Which promotion ?  If you met the eligibility requirements then you you should be entitled to them.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Inesa wrote:

@Inesa When did your January payment come out? Who did you "talk to" in customer service about this? Did you contact them via the chat bubble below? If your payment is still upcoming, wait to see if they are applied. If the payment is past, submit a ticket below and they will sort it out. It can take 48 hours to get a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.