cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

[Promo] Get 2.5% cash-back when you pay for Public Mobile plan with Koho!

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 4.48.28 PM.png

Just received this email from KOHO, @Alan_K I am surprised this has not been added to the announcement section yet!

Mayor / Maire

Re: [Promo] Get 2.5% cash-back when you pay for Public Mobile plan with Koho!

My guess is that it is a KOHO promo, paid by KOHO and has nothing to do with PM.  KOHO is trying to get more user to use KOHO prepaid card.  Correct me if I am wrong.

It may not because the promotion is being offered by Koho and not PM. PM likely has a specific policy about this.

@popping Koho and Public Mobile collaborated earlier this year [View Post] to give users a 20$ bonus when the register. Also Public Mobile must have approved this promotion if not I doubt that they would be allowed to use the logo.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Poogzley wrote:

@popping Koho and Public Mobile collaborated earlier this year [View Post] to give users a 20$ bonus when the register. Also Public Mobile must have approved this promotion if not I doubt that they would be allowed to use the logo.

Pretty much this. No way PM is not in on the deal. Can you use this for auto-pay?

This feels a bit annoying to even bother with for 2.5% back every month.

Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

I think the KOHO prepaid Visa card can be used as PM autopay cc.  It is better to buy topup voucher and the time delay before use.  2.5% back will lower the tax paid.  After all, PM is a low cost provider.

@Ed404 wrote:

It's better than 0.0% cashback.  I would hope that some other purchases would be eligible because that's not enough reason for signing up.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

It's better than 0.0% cashback.  I would hope that some other purchases would be eligible because that's not enough reason for signing up.

Yeah, but that's just another level of complexity I'd have to deal with. As we know Public Mobile isn't the easiest provider out there.