cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Promo] Get 2.5% cash-back when you pay for Public Mobile plan with Koho!

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 4.48.28 PM.png

Just received this email from KOHO, @Alan_K I am surprised this has not been added to the announcement section yet!

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seawatersoul : Did you actually make a charge on the card here? Or is it merely set up for autopay?

@Seawatersoul 

You should see it in your power ups. Good to know you're a member I will put you on my list for those looking for a referral  before signing up.

Congrats BTW on your first community reward.

Seawatersoul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im with koho but didn't receive anything on either account 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : I think it's great. I have experienced a returns problem on Desjardins terminals in a Rona. A little short term renting thingy didn't like me using a prepaid card either. But that's it. Being able to re-fill it with e-transfer and they pay you back the fee onto the card is easy. I use it on my phone with Google Pay and have the NFC chip to allow contactless purchasing. This makes it so that my main, full-on credit card isn't exposed to risk. Just the balance on the prepaid card.

And yes they have a relationship with this place as the subject line says but you might be carrying a balance here as many regulars are.

There are other cards too...Stack is one.

How reliable is Koho?  I don't know much about it.  

Seawatersoul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You were totally right btw.

NOKYARD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right. I didn't understand the first time i read it. The 2% cash back is for purchases made at Public Mobile including Auto Pay.

For those having difficulty applying their KOHO card to Auto Pay, please note that the online card and the physical card have 2 different card numbers. Use the online version from the app here. It worked for me, anyway.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NOKYARD wrote:

I see it as 2% in the KOHO app now.

Also, it's 2% back on all KOHO purchases, not just on PM payments.

Do you have a link or screen capture to substantiate?

You might be referring to KOHO Premium (which also has a $84/yr or $9/mo fee associated with it, versus the no annual fee regular KOHO), but even then, it's 2% cash back on transportation, groceries, and restaurants (not on everything).

The 2.5% cashback for Public Mobile comes from 0.5% base cash back, plus 2% Merchant "PowerUp" for Public Mobile.

NOKYARD

I see it as 2% in the KOHO app now.

Also, it's 2% back on all KOHO purchases, not just on PM payments.

CalgaryBen

@Jimbeano wrote:

I have a problem adding my KOHO card for PublicMobile Autopay. Does anyone else have the same issue?

No issues here.  I recently signed up for KOHO Visa, and have added it to my Public Mobile accounts (more accurately, replaced my current card on file with KOHO).

I can also confirm that I'm getting the 2.5% cashback ("PowerUps" in KOHO parlance) for top-ups (actually, 3.5% since I was referred and therefore get an extra 1% for 90 days).  As such, I'll leave it as my registered auto-pay card for PM (beats the cashback on my regular credit cards -- even the high reward ones).

KOHO definitely isn't for everyone, and the benefits might not be worth the effort.  But it's an interesting financial instrument for many users, and in many cases is a good fit for the demographic of users of Public Mobile (i.e. frugal and cash-smart).

Jimbeano

I have a problem adding my KOHO card for PublicMobile Autopay. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

It's better than 0.0% cashback.  I would hope that some other purchases would be eligible because that's not enough reason for signing up.

Yeah, but that's just another level of complexity I'd have to deal with. As we know Public Mobile isn't the easiest provider out there.

@Ed404 wrote:

This feels a bit annoying to even bother with for 2.5% back every month.

It's better than 0.0% cashback.  I would hope that some other purchases would be eligible because that's not enough reason for signing up.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ed404 wrote:

I think the KOHO prepaid Visa card can be used as PM autopay cc.  It is better to buy topup voucher and the time delay before use.  2.5% back will lower the tax paid.  After all, PM is a low cost provider.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Poogzley wrote:

@popping Koho and Public Mobile collaborated earlier this year [View Post] to give users a 20$ bonus when the register. Also Public Mobile must have approved this promotion if not I doubt that they would be allowed to use the logo.

Pretty much this. No way PM is not in on the deal. Can you use this for auto-pay?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping Koho and Public Mobile collaborated earlier this year [View Post] to give users a 20$ bonus when the register. Also Public Mobile must have approved this promotion if not I doubt that they would be allowed to use the logo.

PAULRANG18

It may not because the promotion is being offered by Koho and not PM. PM likely has a specific policy about this.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My guess is that it is a KOHO promo, paid by KOHO and has nothing to do with PM.  KOHO is trying to get more user to use KOHO prepaid card.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.