cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Code vs Referral Code

siradrian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Two questions:

1. I'm signing up my wife + kids phones this weekend, and I want to use the RBC Rewards promo ($10 off for 6 months using a Signature RBC Visa). Will that override the referral process? ($1/mo per active subscriber referrred?)

2. Do you see any issue using the same card for all of those purchases? Based on the other thread I could find ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FYI-Until-Sept-30-RBC-customers-10-off-... ), it doesn't seem like there's much validation at all, let alone for multiple accounts.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Just use your referral code if you already have an account for each activation and you will get the $1 reward and the $10 credit will be put on their account. If you are worried about being flagged because all three accounts are activated the same day just stagger them by one day each. Alternatively you could just inform your card issuer that you have three accounts that you pay on the same day and those notes will be put in your credit card account. As well you can manually top up each account on the same day and it will not use the auto-pay you will still get the auto-pay reward if your credit card is registered but you can also avoid the common glitch of auto-pay that occasionally suspends the account.

@siradrian 

The referral code and promo codes are seperate things.

There has been some talk in the past about how paying for 3 or more Public Mobile accounts can cause issues, but at 2, things should be fine.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@siradrian   you will still get the referral as long as you use your referral code.  You can use the same card on every account just keep in mind if u have more than  2 accounts with the same renewal date your card might flag public mobile because there's multiple transactions at the same time.  Remember that for the RBC promo you have to activate online, not in store 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.