cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with credit card system?

edweirdo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined PM just over a week now. I had problems activating my SIM card online with my credit card (I put all my auto-payments on this one) not being accepted. I had to try 2 other different credit cards that also failed initially, until I signed up with my VISA without the autopay option (I didn't get the $2 off/month applied). After I got my SIM activated and my number ported I tried to change my autopayment to my original CC that failed at activation and still got rejected. I even tried some of the "tricks" that other people have mention in this Community such as leaving the Apt# out and omitting the last postal code number. I called my card issuer and they told me it might be something different with the automated process (i.e. wrong formatting) that PM is using. I contacted someone from the @CS_Agent but he has not been able to help. Are there certain credit cards that PM just can't take or is something wrong with the payment system?

Update: Moderator suggested copying address fomat from my CC statement. That didn't work.
FYI, my address format on my CC bill looks like this:
firstname lastname
SUITE 123
45 TEST STREET SE
CITY PR A1B 2C3

14 REPLIES 14

@edweirdo Thanks for updating everyone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

edweirdo

SOLVED: Thanks to @Aïssata_B, we went through a few version of the address format and had to update my profile as well. This is pretty much what happened:
1) Removed my Apt# and the "SE" from the address information in my Profile
2) Removed the old CC from my Payments
3) Registered my other CC using [45 TEST STREET] for the address.

edweirdo

yes, I have been checking. I get pending charges that appear for $0 then they get removed

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@edweirdo do check the recent transactions on your credit cards that you tried. The system is known to charge people even though on the system it says declined.

edweirdo

Yes, I think the Moderator will have to enter it manually. I don't intend on keeping the CC that is working, that's why it is a bit of a concern for me.
You have been very helpful though! Thank you for your time @SIM-phony!

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help so far, perhaps it's best to wait for the Moderator Team then. And yes it's unfortunate that Public hasn't rectified these issues, hopefully they'll hire someone to fix the backend at some point, there's a quite long list of 'quirks' @Luddite has compiled over the years; Link

edweirdo

I have done all those tips. It just doesn't seem to like the CC I want to use (which is a MC btw) and I probably have exceeded the 3 times long time ago but it was already doing this before. I looked into previous threads and it seems like an ongoing problem with the system for at least a year probably more. I'm in software development and just suprised that a flaw this major in customer experience hasn't been addressed.
I replied to the Moderator this afternoon and I'm waiting for a response tomorrow.

SIM-phony

How many attempts did you try per card? I'm seeing quite a few mentions in my research of the system locking the card out if used unsuccessfully 3 times. If you have, contact the Moderator Team via the private message link in my previous post.

Try some of these if you haven't already

• Clear your browser cookies/cache
  • Use a different browser
  • Use private/incognito browsing mode
  • Turn off ad/pop-up blockers
  • Use a different device (tablet, desktop, laptop, etc.)

EDIT: Here's a guide I found that may help too; Link

edweirdo

I've used different types MCs and only my Scotia VISA went through

SIM-phony

@TammyNietupski I suggest contacting the Moderator Team, however they might not be able to help as per the Service Terms.

Need assistance with your account, activation, or service?

• You'll need to contact the Community Moderator Team to get assistance with your account. Oracles and Users cannot access account information; do not send them any private information on yourself or your account/s.
  • The Community Moderator Team are Public Mobile support employees who can assist with your issue/s. Only they can access account information.
  • For more detailed information, read the knowledge article.
  • For your convenience, here's a link to send them a private message.
  • Here's how to read and reply to private messages.

In your private message please include the following:

• Your Public Mobile phone number.
  • Your 4 digit PIN; if you don't know yours look below.
  • Your account’s e-mail address.
  • A detailed explanation of your issue/s.

Don't know your PIN? Provide any three of the following:

• Your complete mailing address.
  • Your e-mail address.
  • An alternate phone number associated with your account.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The last top up date & amount.

When will they get back to you?:

• Support hours are in EDT and run Mon-Fri 9AM to 9PM, and Sat-Sun from 9AM to 7:30PM. Outside of these hours they will not be responding to private messages, and will be queued for the next day. So don't worry, they will get to you.
  • Messages are responded to in the order in which they are received, which can affect response time depending on queue length.
  • Usual response time varies between 1-3 hours, but can take up to 48 hours.
  • Please do not send multiple separate private messages, as it slows down support.

TammyNietupski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I went to add money to my account, it accidentally went through twice. Is there any way to reverse one charge?

SIM-phony

I can testify to the exact match method, I had to use it to get my AMEX to cooperate with Public's system.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Another trick is to have the selfserve and CC info match exactly.

But yes there is some issue with the cc system that has not been able to be fixed, and there is no info if or when it will be.

SIM-phony

What card are you trying to use? I've had a few issues myself with American Express cards and Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.