cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Reactivation

SUEINTORONTO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I missed a payment because my credit card expired. I tried to reactivate my account but it would not allow me to get back the $10 plan i had (50 min/month calling etc). I needed to use the phone immediately so I chose the $15 plan. It still would not work so I kept paying until it worked. My card was charged on March 29 for $6.78, April 2 for $5.65, April 2 for $11.30, and April 2 for $11.30 again. 

I do not understand why my card was charged twice on the same date.

I also would like to have my previous plan back and be refunded the difference because I was not able to reactivate it properly.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@popping 

If your scenario is correct and @SUEINTORONTO lost her grandfafhered $10 plan because of it I would be steaming mad!! Unfortunately it is impossible to get a grandfathered plan back whether its public mobile's fault or the customer's.

@SUEINTORONTO 

In trying to get your service working again ( if only you had come to the community first....sigh) you changed your plan and despite it not really being your fault you are now left with the $15 plan at 50% more per month (albeit with extra minutes, texts and slower speed but 250mb of plan data). I believe public mobile owes you a credit for their failings in this debacle. When you ask for this and argue your point keep these following points in mind and use the ones that apply to you.....

1. The reminder text that your credit card will expire in 7 days is very YMMV. I just found out that my roommate and I that have the same kelloggs visa gift card registered for autopay recieved the text but I did not. This text message should be sent out 100% of the time to 100% of customers registered for autopay.
  2. There is no message supplied about how much you need go top up to reactivate your account if they are not allowing your rewards to apply towards your payment whether or not they have been converted to your balance or not.
  3. There is no warning that changing your plan from a grandfathered plan that you will lose it forever. Public mobile has no mechanism in place to return that plan to you when this occurs due to no fault of your own or it being 100% public mobile's fault.
  4. The multiple payments you had to make further led to your confusion a message in accounts to visit the community to ask for help or contact the moderators could have prevented you from accidently changing your plan to regain service despite wanting to remain on your $10 plan.
  5. The unexplained glitch that caused you to have no service when you seemingly managed to successfully pay to reactivate your $10 plan also led to you changing and thus losing your grandfathered plan.

In asking for and negotiating a suitable credit from public mobile has different possibilities that are within the moderators discretion. You could also ask them to escalate the issue to a manager if you are unhappy with their answer or the credit they offer you such as Melinda_H or Jade_S or directly to their escalations department.

There is a variety of credits you could ask for depending on what best suites your needs and what you think is fair given the heavy extra cost your $15 plan is over the $10 plan and the loss of full speed 4G LTE data to throttled to 3mbps 4G LTE data speed. A few suggestions....

1. $5 permanent grandfathered discount as long as you don't change plans.
  2. $5 - 24 month ( 30 day cycles) with the ability to change plans and retain the discount.
  3. 1000 canada wide calling minutes and 5gb data add on the same promotion given to most BC and Alberta customers last summer in response to Shaw launching ther mobile division.
  4. $90 credit to your account equal to an 18 month $5 discount to use at your own discretion.
  5. If you have not taken advantage of any of the "more the merrier" holiday gifts given in 2019 and 2020 you could ask for these in addition to the #3 suggestion. ( These were a 1gb data add on/ 400 international calling minutes add on in 2019 and a 2gb data add on and a 500 min international calling minutes add on in 2020.)

I wish you the best of luck with your negotiations with public mobile to right the wrong...... 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping : I think failure to pay still gets the rewards deposited. So the balance ought to have been $4. So $6 to reactivate. But it didn't seem to.

Agree.  If the autopay was enabled at the time of renewal, OP should have received the reward of $4 OR $4 was in the available fund at the time of renewal.  OP added $6.78($6+13% tax) on March 29 to top up to $10 available fund.  

Let us assume the OP did click on the "reactivate current plan" link.  OP's grandfathered $10 plan was renewed and something went wrong and his/her phone did not work.  We don't know until OP gives us more details.

A screenshot of the PM payment history will explain what had happened.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : I think failure to pay still gets the rewards deposited. So the balance ought to have been $4. So $6 to reactivate. But it didn't seem to.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SUEINTORONTO wrote:

Hello. I missed a payment because my credit card expired. I tried to reactivate my account but it would not allow me to get back the $10 plan i had (50 min/month calling etc). I needed to use the phone immediately so I chose the $15 plan. It still would not work so I kept paying until it worked. My card was charged on March 29 for $6.78, April 2 for $5.65, April 2 for $11.30, and April 2 for $11.30 again. 

I also would like to have my previous plan back and be refunded the difference because I was not able to reactivate it properly.

Thanks

PM server wants full plan cost $10 payment on reactivation.  After confirming your have $10 available fund in your account, did you click on the "reactivate current plan" link on your overview page after login.

Please post a screen shot of your payment history on your PM account with your personal info masked out.  We will review the payment history and recommend what you should do next.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SUEINTORONTO : What a mess. What does it say your plan is now? What do you see for Available Funds? Are you sure they're all charges? Some might be in Pending status.

So you paid $6 on the 29th. I guess you had $4 in rewards. Probably $2 autopay and $2 loyalty. Then $5 on Apr 2. Not sure why so soon after the 29th. And did you happen to go over into a third year of loyalty? But then on the same day it charged $10 and $10 again.

Could you look at your Payment history here (not payment card) and maybe post the last number of transactions.

And why are you asking this now, 16 days later?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Ohhh, lot's of potential hurdles there, @SUEINTORONTO 

Rest assured, the Moderators may be able to assist.   HOWEVER, if you proceeded with a Plan Change, the grandfathered plan may be no longer able to be selected within their systems to select.

If you've paid all those funds, you'll likely notice them in your Available Funds which can be banked for future use.  Just as well to allow them to 'rest' there until a subsequent renewal which can draw upon those funds.

If this is of any help, here's how to contact Moderators regarding making a special request to re-establish the old plan - i wouldn't hold out a lot of hope, but it's worth the request:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SUEINTORONTO wrote:

Thanks

@SUEINTORONTO    I think you need to submit a ticket to moderators and ask them to resolve the multiple payments (obviously done in error) and perhaps getting back your original plan (that probably won't be doable since it looks like you changed plans and it was grandfathered once it was discontinued). 

Click this link to submit a ticket via chatbot and follow prompts: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket then send a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.