cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up Setting up Auto Pay with Visa Debit Card

opal_scent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having trouble setting up Auto Pay or making even a one-time payment with my RBC Visa Debit Card. This is the error message I get:

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I talked to a bank rep just now and they cannot identify the issue either. As far as they are concerned they can see I havve made several attempts and all of them show up as approved on the bank's end. We tried tweaking the spelling of my mailing address, adding my apt# to the street address line, to see if that might change things but nothing worked. 

It appears to be an issue with the vendor. The bank confirms my card is working. Please help! Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@opal_scent If you have a different cc I would use that I had a heck of a time once with my rbc card if you are in a rush to pay for a renewell I would get a voucher are you just trying to sign up?

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check your credit card bill.  Input exactly the address that is on your bill.  Your credit card company sometimes formats your address differently than what you  put in.  This is why most companies do not ask for an address, a postal code is usually security enough.  Not sure why Public Mobile bucks convention.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@opal_scent wrote:

I am having trouble setting up Auto Pay or making even a one-time payment with my RBC Visa Debit Card. This is the error message I get:

Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I talked to a bank rep just now and they cannot identify the issue either. As far as they are concerned they can see I havve made several attempts and all of them show up as approved on the bank's end. We tried tweaking the spelling of my mailing address, adding my apt# to the street address line, to see if that might change things but nothing worked. 

It appears to be an issue with the vendor. The bank confirms my card is working. Please help! Thank you.

@opal_scent The issue is not your credit card. The problem is within the Public Mobile system somehow triggering a security lock that needs to be cleared by a moderator.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@opal_scent 

If you have a unit number in your address, don't use the unit # field and put it in the street address instead. Just how it shows on the cc bill.
Be sure the address exactly matches what the CC has down for you...punctuation, caps etc
Another option to try is to not have the space in the postal code or even drop the last digit. Again might depend on how the bank has it. It might be that the PM end might be limited to 6 characters.

I had a problem with a different site where it turned out that the bank had an extra, unknown space somewhere in my name. Like First space Initial space space Last. Weird. Who knew. I couldn't tell on any printed bill that there was an extra space there. I'm not entirely certain that the name needs to be exact here though.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@opal_scent wrote:

You can try to use a different browser or on incognito mode.

We tried tweaking the spelling of my mailing address, adding my apt# to the street address line, to see if that might change things but nothing worked

And yes keep the space for number appartment empty.

Need Help? Let's chat.