cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with paying with American Express credit card?

frenchonion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just joined Public Mobile and so far so good! I just had one issue while completing the payment, it seemed not to like our American Express credit card. Not sure if it's my card problem or Public Mobile's system. This card is used daily with no problems. Ended up using another Mastercard and it went through ok. Just wondering if others experienced this.

10 REPLIES 10

ATsang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent Has this issue been solved? I had been on autopay with my Visa (this card expired in March) and have had no issues paying every 3 months. In March, I switched the autopay with my American Express information and it did not automatically deduct the fees. I was able to log in and manually, but I was charged $134.40 (Feb $107.52 and Nov $110.88). Was I overcharged? Please help!

frenchonion

@CS_Agent Thank you. I didn't see any PM. But anyhow, I already paid with a Mastercard, so I don't need any help right now. Just wanted to see if others experienced issues with AMEX. It seems I'm not the only one, so maybe something for you guys to look into. Thanks!

navjot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am having same issue. I believe its something to do with public mobile

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@frenchonion,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry for your payment issue, and we'll definitely assist you with this matter. Please check your inbox, I just sent you a private message.

Happy new year to everyone 🙂

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Frenchonion,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to read about your payment issue, and I'd definitely assist you with this matter.

In order to do so, could you please provide me with your SIM card # as well as either your PIN code or the following, if applicable: rate plan, birth date, complete mailing address with postal code and email address linked to your account so I can better help you?

I'll be waiting for your reply, have a wonderful year 🙂

Cheers,

Aïssata_B

I think the normal 3 digit code found on Visa and MasterCard cards, is a 4 digit number on the front of the card.  I don’t know where I read this.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

There are people out there still using Amex? Smiley Surprised

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

According to this thread from 2015 it was working at some point, after resolving some issues.

frenchonion

@ShawnC13 Thanks! Glad to know it wasn't just my AMEX card. They do supposedly accept American Express as the payment page clearly said it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@frenchonion, yes that seems to be an issue I wasn't able to set up with my AMEX either.  Not sure if it is even accepted or just an issue with the process.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.