cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

marcioandjojo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for my account via credit card as my base plan was due on June 22. Could someone please advise if I can get partial money back if I decide to port out?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@Bell3 wrote:

PM is a prepaid service and there is no refund in the midway of the plan. Refunds are only issued for postpaid mobile services. My recommendation is to port out end of the payment cycle.

I would not wait until the very end of a billing cycle.  If the porting out does go through in the first try, the customer would have to pay Public Mobile again which would defeat the purpose of trying to have less of the plan not go to waste.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM is a prepaid service and there is no refund in the midway of the plan. Refunds are only issued for postpaid mobile services. My recommendation is to port out end of the payment cycle.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sorry to see you go. as it is prepaid, you will not get any refund. why not port out next month, then you will not lose your money. P.S. remember to remove your credit card information from self serve account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marcioandjojo wrote:

I paid for my account via credit card as my base plan was due on June 22. Could someone please advise if I can get partial money back if I decide to port out?

Thank you

@marcioandjojo  Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid service and no refunds are provided. Partial money refunds are only possible with post paid plans. If you decide to port out make sure you disable AutoPay and remove your credit card on file before porting. Once you port out your PM account will deactivate.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marcioandjojo wrote:

Thank you

PM is a prepaid service provider.  There is no refund for unused days for prepaid service in Canada including PM.

You should remove your credit card info from your account before porting.  You account will be closed after porting your number to another provider.  You cannot login to your account after account closed.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@marcioandjojoNo you won't get any refund.

Need Help? Let's chat.