cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over to Koodo

johnsontieu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 
I am trying to port over my number to Koodo, but my plan has already ended with PM. I was wondering if it was possible for PM to give me a free day of service (or something equivalent) so that I can port over my number, as I do not want to pay for the full 90 days.

Edit: I have messaged the Mods 24 hours ago, but I am not getting a reply. Should I assume the answer is no they won't do it?

Alternatively, would i be able to change my plan to a $10/30 day plan and then port it over?

Thanks for the help.

9 REPLIES 9

markplaxton

I was with Koodo, i was not able to keep my old number,  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @jasmineteed,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

@jasmineteed wrote:

@Moderator_Team 

Hi,

I have the same issue, I signed up for an offer sent to me by public mobile to switch to Koodo. I tried to port my number over while my Public mobile was still active, but there was an issue with Koodo and I was unable to access my account right away. Now my Koodo account is accessible but my public mobile plan is expired. When I contacted Koodo, they said to contact you to ask if my public mobile number could be made active for 24 hours just so I can change it over. Please let me know if this is possible, thank you. 

Rather than simply tagging the moderators, please send them a private message with your porting issue.  If they get around to this thread, they will ask for a private message anyway. 

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

jasmineteed

@Moderator_Team 

Hi,

I have the same issue, I signed up for an offer sent to me by public mobile to switch to Koodo. I tried to port my number over while my Public mobile was still active, but there was an issue with Koodo and I was unable to access my account right away. Now my Koodo account is accessible but my public mobile plan is expired. When I contacted Koodo, they said to contact you to ask if my public mobile number could be made active for 24 hours just so I can change it over. Please let me know if this is possible, thank you. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

i believe there are threads stating that mods have given a free couple days on expired plans to people porting but that was before the $10 plan existed.  if you can find one of those posts you might get lucky.  if it was me as stated above i would add the $10 and ask the mods to chang /actvate the 50 minute plan

markplaxton

Yes the answer would be no..

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your plan has to be active in order to port out. No free days.

You could add enough funds to reignite your original plan and it should start up automatically - but ya - 90 day plan, likely $120 + tax so not good. 

You can change to the $10 plan but you will need to add funds to account to pay for the new plan, and then you need a moderator to make that plan change. Plan changes against an expired or dormant account cannot be done online by individual account holder, only mods. 

Since you have already messages the mods just wait. No response means they are very busy this week. 

So you can move forward with adding $10 to your account

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@johnsontieu

You will need to ask moderator, who hopefully can fulfill your request.  You are right in that you need an active account to get your phone number ported.  Since Koodo is also owed by Telus, hopefully, they can help.  Otherwise, you can switch to $10 plan, but that also requires moderator help.  

As explained above, most moderator request requires 1-2 days response, so hopefully, you will get help today.  Avoid sending multiple request since that will actually delay your request.  

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@johnsontieu wrote:

Hi, 
I am trying to port over my number to Koodo, but my plan has already ended with PM. I was wondering if it was possible for PM to give me a free day of service (or something equivalent) so that I can port over my number, as I do not want to pay for the full 90 days.

Edit: I have messaged the Mods 24 hours ago, but I am not getting a reply. Should I assume the answer is no they won't do it?

Alternatively, would i be able to change my plan to a $10/30 day plan and then port it over?

Thanks for the help.

Mod response time these days can be up to 48 hours, so you may still get an answer from them (just don't re-message them or you'll be set to the bottom of the queue!). 

Other than that, sorry, I don't have any additional help to offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.