cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out number but Account Status is "Plan Expired"

jubaitca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to port out my number from Public Mobile to Koodo. When I try to port in the number from Koodo's portal, it says the number is not elligible. I'm guessing this is because the Account Status shows as "Plan Expired" at the moment in Public Mobile portal (and not "Active").

Can anyone advise what I need to do to port my number from Public Mobile to Koodo?

7 REPLIES 7

jubaitca

How long does it take the moderator to respond? It has been over 48 hours already and I don't have any phone service.

@CS_Agent

jubaitca

That did not work. I guess I have to wait for the moderator to assist.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jubaitca wrote:

I have reached my minute limit, but I can send and receive text messages.

You may try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It may kick it back to active status.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

jubaitca

I have reached my minute limit, but I can send and receive text messages.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

are you able to make and receive calls on your pm phone?  but is shows expired?   taht is very strange.  (try logging off and logging back in in incognito mode?)

jubaitca

I did switch to the $10 plan and I am using the service albeit rarely, but for whatever reason the Status never changed to Active.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jubaitca wrote:

I want to port out my number from Public Mobile to Koodo. When I try to port in the number from Koodo's portal, it says the number is not elligible. I'm guessing this is because the Account Status shows as "Plan Expired" at the moment in Public Mobile portal (and not "Active").

Can anyone advise what I need to do to port my number from Public Mobile to Koodo?

If your plan has expired and is not active you will need to have an active line to port out.  So the best thing is to switch to the $10 plan and port out your number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.