cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out from PM when number is suspended due to no payment

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Morning guys. I had a query about proting out my wifes number from PM to Zoomer.

Her bill cycle renewal is on the 19th Dec (thursday in 3 days). The new Zoomer plan/phone which i am palnning to order may not reach me before the 19th and might reach on the 20th or 21st. I am trying to avoid the renewal of PM as once renewed and i port out, i lose that money.

I know i can remove autopay but that will make the numebr go into suspension.

The question is can i still port out the PM numebr 'when its in suspension status' to Zoomer or does the number have to active for the port out to happen?

(my wife should be ok with no service for a day or two as she has access to wifi most of the time).

6 REPLIES 6

maheshboloor

@vn33 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

In the case of porting to PM, all you need is the serial number on the SIM to activate or port in. The SIM card can arrive later to actually put in the phone to make it work. Maybe you can get your new SIM card number ahead of time?

what is a "Zoomer"!?

AE_Collector

Zoomer Wireless

Another no-frills, reseller of mobile service.

Personally, looking at the plans they have, I do not see any comparable plans tthat I would choose over PM's offerings.

They are currently having a promo for 36$ - 4 gb at full LTE speeds on the Rogers network.

After 6 months, there is a possibility of increasing data by calling retentions. You also get an entry level phone - Moto G7 Play with costs 150$ to 170$ for free but you are under a 2 year contract. Almost close to PM's offerings except for the contract and full lte speeds.

My wife travels for work to Northern Ontario and the town she has to go to does not have anyTelus/Bell coverage. It only has good Rogers coverage. Hence the port out.

vn33
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AE_Collector wrote:

In the case of porting to PM, all you need is the serial number on the SIM to activate or port in. The SIM card can arrive later to actually put in the phone to make it work. Maybe you can get your new SIM card number ahead of time?

what is a "Zoomer"!?

AE_Collector

Zoomer Wireless

Another no-frills, reseller of mobile service.

Personally, looking at the plans they have, I do not see any comparable plans tthat I would choose over PM's offerings.

what is a "Zoomer"!?

AE_Collector

maheshboloor

@will13am Thank you for the quick response. I was assuming the same.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@maheshboloor wrote:

Morning guys. I hada a query about proting out my wifes number from PM to Zoomer.

Her bill cycle renewal is on the 19th Dec (thursday in 3 days). The new Zoomer plan/phone which i am palnning to order may not reach me before the 19th and might reach on the 20th or 21st. I am trying to avoid the renewal of PM as once renewed and i port out, i lose that money.

I know i can remove autopay but that will make the numebr go into suspension.

The question is can i still port out the PM numebr 'when its in suspension status' to Zoomer or does the number have to active for the port out to happen?

(my wife should be ok with no service for a day or two as she has access to wifi most of the time).

With any mobile carrier, your number needs to be active for you to port it out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@maheshboloor , the account must remain active in order to be eligible for porting.   The best you can do is renew to the cheapest plan if you cannot complete the port prior to renewal day.

Need Help? Let's chat.