cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported out of Public Mobile - When to expect refund

MichaelRD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

My last automatic payment was paid on Oct 20. I ported out of Public Mobile on Oct 27. When can I expect to get the refund(prorated of course) on my credit card? I am unable to check these details as I think my Self Serve account was deleted after porting out.

Thanks,

Michael

10 REPLIES 10

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelRD wrote:

Hi there,

My last automatic payment was paid on Oct 20. I ported out of Public Mobile on Oct 27. When can I expect to get the refund(prorated of course) on my credit card? I am unable to check these details as I think my Self Serve account was deleted after porting out.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi @MichaelRD all PM plans are prepaid so once paid, no refunds.  Sorry to see you go but we wish you well.  👋

@MichaelRD 

"Public Mobile is a prepaid service so when you purchase a plan it's non-refundable."

*test 🤭

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you remove your credit card information from your self-serve account before you ported out? Sometimes Public Mobile will continue to treat your account as active and charge for additional months until you contact them. 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MichaelRD 

Unfortunately this is a prepaid service, you should really consider staying unless you use a lot of data.

@Anonymous wrote:

@MichaelRD 

Pro-rated refunds are common with post-paid providers. I don't think any pre-paid provider will give them.

This place does not.

The only prepaid carrier that I know of that had a policy of refunding for unused portions of prepaid plans was Mobility, and that was only for mutli-month plans. There really isn't any refunds that any carrier couldn't issue refunds for prepaid service, but they don't because there is no rule requiring them to.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelRD ,

As others are saying no refunds to be prorated back to you on a prepaid plan like this.

Also, if you had a balance in your "Available Funds" from any top-ups or rewards, than that would be gone as well.

Sorry to see you go.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MichaelRD wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Michael

There is no refund of unused days for prepaid providers in Canada.  PM is a prepaid prepaid provider and does not have refund for the unused days of your last cycle.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MichaelRD wrote:

Hi there,

My last automatic payment was paid on Oct 20. I ported out of Public Mobile on Oct 27. When can I expect to get the refund(prorated of course) on my credit card?

@MichaelRD  Public is strictly a prepaid provider so expect no refunds.

I am unable to check these details as I think my Self Serve account was deleted after porting out.

That is correct, when porting out the account gets closed once the port completes so you do not have access to your account anymore.

Thanks,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MichaelRD 

Pro-rated refunds are common with post-paid providers. I don't think any pre-paid provider will give them.

This place does not.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelRD wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Michael

@MichaelRD  No refund sorry

Need Help? Let's chat.