cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan suspension despite always paying

guangzhixiao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up a PublicMobile account about a year ago for my wife. It is the 15$ promo plan with 100MB data and 100min. I setup auto pay from my credit card and never looked back at it.

She does not use her phone often.

This month, we noticed she cannot receive text messages nor phone calls at all. If she tries to make a call, an automated voice says her plan has been deactivated due to missed payment.

I just checked my past credit card statements and the payment was never missed.

Unfortunately all the emails we tried to sign-in to the self-serve account was absent from the system. Can we verify what's happening based on her phone number + payment info?

5 REPLIES 5

When you at suspended, @guangzhixiao  @Myles1 100% of the time the reason is your autopay failed. Whether it's your fault because you didn't update your credit card or PMs because the system failed. Currently theres supposed to be a message sent notifying you of the failure. But the best way of knowing this is the lack of a payment thankyou 611 message. Stay safe.

Myles1

But, we still didn't find out WHY you were suspended. I also cannot find any reason, just suspended, no email either. Why not send out an email warning users they are about to be suspended? So many other emails are sent out for promotions, why not tell us about billing? Bizarre. Sorry to rag on your post, having frustration about Public Mobilty's service.

guangzhixiao

I tried 611 from her phone and seems like her balance is $3-ish dollars? I don't know if that is a negative balance or not.

And yeah the self serve account has been deactivated so I'll try your other suggestion.

Thanks for the informative post!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@guangzhixiao  what message do you get if you dial 611 from her phone? If its paid up. Then try these 3 tricks to reset your service.

You could try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

3.A network reset and restart her phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

If your service is suspended and your autopay failed. Use 611 to make your payment: 
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

If you no longer have access to the self service account email login account email address. Then contact the moderators, give them the email address that you would like her account associated with and ask them to switch it for you. And for a temporary password to her self service account. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@guangzhixiao wrote:

I signed up a PublicMobile account about a year ago for my wife. It is the 15$ promo plan with 100MB data and 100min. I setup auto pay from my credit card and never looked back at it.

She does not use her phone often.

This month, we noticed she cannot receive text messages nor phone calls at all. If she tries to make a call, an automated voice says her plan has been deactivated due to missed payment.

I just checked my past credit card statements and the payment was never missed.

Unfortunately all the emails we tried to sign-in to the self-serve account was absent from the system. Can we verify what's happening based on her phone number + payment info?

@guangzhixiao contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket mention service suspended  check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.