cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan suspended while on autopay

janne13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m on autopay yet my plan is suspended. I tried making the payment manually yet it won’t allow me. This is really frustrating. I would love to speak to customer service but of course public mobile has none...only community. This is getting ridiculous. Does anyone know how to fix this situation by chance? 

17 REPLIES 17

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@janne13 

PM does have customer service but its just not the kind your used to where you sit on a phone for an hour and get passed to 10 departments. They have moderators. Next time if you are frustrated contact them immediatley through the private message function.

go to the get help page and type in moderator and you will see the link.sorry it was frustrating hope it is dealt with foe you. 

thanks

Naepalm

@Pawprints1986 

It is important to remember that what's happened in my account is not typical but very unusual. Once I noticed the issue and contacted the moderators they adjusted the account and asked that I wait til my renewal to see what would happen. I checked in the morning of what should have been the first day of my new cycle but it hadn't changed so I replied to the moderators last message to me. The moderator responded quickly and set the account to renew and told me he would check my account first thing in the morning. True to his word he checked and manually renewed it and adjusted my rewards and launched an investigation for the tech team to find the issue. He gave me an update and we waited out another 30 days til renewal which occurred seamlessly and he checked in with me to confirm the issue had been resolved.

I only mention these issues with my account to encourage members to monitor their accounts, take screenshots and top up manually before renewal so they can avoid interruptions to their service. Overall the vast majority of public mobile customers have no issues at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Coming up on my first renewal so just wondering what type of suprises I should be on the lookout for...

The only surprises will be your feelings about all the weirdness overnight of the renewal.

I've pressed refresh a lot during a renewal up to about 2-ish am ET on one or two occasions.

Rule 1: don't do anything in the self-serve after say 11pm ET of the night of your renewal

This is what I have observed on those occasions:

At 8pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.
At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended and take the community reward out and reset it and take out and re-apply other rewards. And it'll reset any limited service counters.

Around 1:45am ET it'll convert those taken rewards into the Current Balance.
The autopay recording in 611 says that at 2am ET it'll renew. The system will take from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.
Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

Some of these times may have changed.

Throughout it all, do test the service in and out for your interest.

I've let an account suspend and it wasn't until mid-morning that services actually stopped.

There shouldn't be any service interruptions @Pawprints1986.  But I don't know, usually at that time the sandman already got to me. Stay safe. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious just wondering how long it took for those issues to fix? Was the 2 days due to not noticing or it just actually took that long? Coming up on my first renewal so just wondering what type of suprises I should be on the lookout for...

@Pawprints1986 

At the beginning of this year I had a renewal that took two full days to complete. My two accounts used to renew two days apart now they renew back to back. I've never had an autopay failure  because I always top up manually but I've had a couple of renewal failures and one random mid plan half renewal.

omitted

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@gblackma does that timing you mentioned mean your phone stops working between 2am and 6am on your renewal day? I normally keep weird hours with work I'm used to the night... It's 2:26 right now lol

I've long stopped trying to figure out when the plan actually renews. Ignore what the *611 messages say becuase that's not always accurate and the renewals for me seem to take place at a slightly different time for each occurance. If the funds aren't in your account balance when the system tries to renew the plan, that's when your service will stop working.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma does that timing you mentioned mean your phone stops working between 2am and 6am on your renewal day? I normally keep weird hours with work I'm used to the night... It's 2:26 right now lol

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@janne13 Autopay sometimes fails, and the account can be suspended because of that. That's why I personally prefer to do manual payments even with enabled Autopay to prevent such issues.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoyLuck @gpixel  no need to contact mods at this point. Best to rea credit card or buy a voucher to get service working.

@JoyLuck  also macros are great but you should edit them based on a user's issue.  Calling 611 to make a payment will not work if autopay failed.

They clearly said their phone did not work so why ask?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@janne13  if today is your cycle renewal date and your services are working properly then ignore the status. The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

If your services aren't working properly,  and your account is suspended. 

You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@janne13 unfortunately Auto-Pay will fail once in a while. If your phone is not working then try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick 
    lst.png

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

jbutuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it actually suspended?  (Can you make/receive calls)

The website will often show "suspended" on the day of the payment, but the phone still works, and the next day the payment shows up and all is well.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try removing and adding your credit card or a different card.

If that fails buy a voucher online recharge.com or from a gas station.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@janne13 wrote:

I’m on autopay yet my plan is suspended. I tried making the payment manually yet it won’t allow me. This is really frustrating. I would love to speak to customer service but of course public mobile has none...only community. This is getting ridiculous. Does anyone know how to fix this situation by chance? 

Can you dial 611 from your phone to make a payment. If you use your browser...

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Does your phone work?

If you continue to have problems contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@janne13 they do have customer service. they are called moderators. 

Make a ticket and speak to SIMon by tapping on the ? icon on the bottom right. SIMon will give you suggested fixes and gather the correct information needed to create a ticket in the proper category. Pick the correct categories that suits your issues and then click "submit ticket/click me" to start a private message to the moderators.

Moderator help article:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 9PM EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 7PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.