cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan suspended early? How to port out.

viciouslancer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Your plan expired on Mar 30, 2020.
  • Top up before Jun 28, 2020 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $2.00
  • Amount Due: $38.00
  • Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

My understanding is the plan should still be active today (March 30) and thus I should be able to port-out. Please advise how I can port-out. I have contacted the new provider to initiate the port already.

I would have processed a few days ago but due to COVID-19 my new phone was delayed in delivery until today.

19 REPLIES 19

@Anonymous wrote:

@viciouslancer wrote:

Thanks for the info everyone!

I just submitted a ticket.

Changed to $15 plan and topped up my account this morning, amount due is $0, but plan is still suspended 😞

Did you also try the Reactivate button to the right side of the suspended notice?

That reactivate button simply redirects users to the payment page regardless of you having AutoPay on or have enough balance. It don't think it does anything else.

@Anonymous  wrote:

@JoyLuck wrote:

@NDesai wrote:
@viciouslancer  wrote:

I should be able to change to $15 plan although my line is not active, right?

No, you cannot change your plan while in suspended/expired state. Only mods can make changes at this point. Make sure to let them know what you are planning to do, so they might be able to help in such cases.

Hi, could you please clarify. Is there a reason OP cannot do this in self service. He missed a payment only. Could OP just use gblackma’s advice above to reactivate?

Me thinks @NDesai is mistaken. Unless something has changed that I missed.

This announcement.

You got me there! Oh man, that was a while ago they changed that and yet i am still thinking about old plans.

viciouslancer

Yes, it takes me to payment page, paid, still not reactivated.

Clicked again, takes me to payment page, amount due is $0.

I also did lost/stolen.

Haven't tried adding an extra $1, but read someone else did and it didn't work for them (their service was not working after autopay).

image.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@viciouslancer wrote:

Changed to $15 plan and topped up my account this morning, amount due is $0, but plan is still suspended 😞

Did you click on the reactivate your plan link on top of overview page after adding fund to your account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viciouslancer wrote:

Did you also try the Reactivate button to the right side of the suspended notice?

viciouslancer

@Anonymous wrote:

This announcement.

Nice find @Anonymous !!! Sounds good..... that is, unless something has changed in the system since that post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyLuck wrote:

@NDesai wrote:
@viciouslancer  wrote:

No, you cannot change your plan while in suspended/expired state. Only mods can make changes at this point. Make sure to let them know what you are planning to do, so they might be able to help in such cases.

Hi, could you please clarify. Is there a reason OP cannot do this in self service. He missed a payment only. Could OP just use gblackma’s advice above to reactivate?

This announcement.

@NDesai wrote:
@viciouslancer  wrote:

Hi, could you please clarify. Is there a reason OP cannot do this in self service. OP missed a payment only. Could OP just use @gblackma‘s advice above to reactivate?

@viciouslancer  wrote:

@viciouslancer wrote:

Yes, you SHOULD be able to, although the usual procedure won't work, because your plan is currently not active. TBH, I'm not sure how this would be accomplished..... THEORETICALLY, I'd think you should be able to add the appropriate funds, change plan immediately, and reactivate, BUT I suspect you might need Moderator intervention, because  you might not be able to change plans via self-serve, on a plan that's not currently active..... I'm sure someone else with more info will chime in.....

@viciouslancer wrote:

What sucks even more is that I lost the $2 AutoPay discount (didn't want my plan to renew, so I removed it), where I should have ported on Sunday March 29 night, or left autopay and changed to $15 plan :catsad:

Yes, you can reactivate in self service.

viciouslancer

What sucks even more is that I lost the $2 AutoPay discount (didn't want my plan to renew, so I removed it), where I should have ported on Sunday March 29 night, or left autopay and changed to $15 plan :catsad:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping 

Yes I know. I think you were the first person to discover it had changed.

I've read over all this time too many instances of this becoming confusing for people. And even affecting them like this guy. It's ridiculous.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@viciouslancer 

Yeah another victim of this stupid date thing. The date is the day of a new plan. The sentence below about 11:59 is lying.

So you're suspended now. You can't port. I suggest you change plans to the $15 plan and then top up and maybe reactivate and then you'll have an active account and finally you can then port out.

@Alan_K 

Edit: ninja'd

The description was wrong for a few months.

Here is my thread on this issue

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Plan-expired-1-day-early/m-p/455802

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@viciouslancer  are you porting to either Telus or Koodo?  Then it's all okay. If to another provider, then the plan must be reactivated in order to port. Your plan would have neen active up to 2am est on March 30,when failure to pay would have suspended it. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611. 
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viciouslancer 

Yeah another victim of this stupid date thing. The date is the day of a new plan. The sentence below about 11:59 is lying.

So you're suspended now. You can't port. I suggest you change plans to the $15 plan and then top up and maybe reactivate and then you'll have an active account and finally you can then port out.

@Alan_K 

Edit: ninja'd

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@viciouslancer 

If your due date was March 30, the actual payment date is by march 29 11:59 PM EST.

You may need to activate your PM account to get the port to be successful.  Ie. pay for another month. You need an active account for port to be successful.  Maybe change to lower cost plan if you are going to port immediately anyways.  

I guess that you can try to contact moderator for help, but that takes time for their response.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@viciouslancer wrote:
  • Your plan expired on Mar 30, 2020.
  • Top up before Jun 28, 2020 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $2.00
  • Amount Due: $38.00
  • Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

My understanding is the plan should still be active today (March 30) and thus I should be able to port-out. Please advise how I can port-out. I have contacted the new provider to initiate the port already.

I would have processed a few days ago but due to COVID-19 my new phone was delayed in delivery until today.

@viciouslancer  If you are porting to Telus or Koodo it still should work. Otherwise you plan must be active to be able to port out. My recommendation would be to do an immediate plan change to $15 if your porting request fails.

Need Help? Let's chat.