cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan still "Expired" after updating Credit Card?

ahmyin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Credit Card expired end of last month and I forgot to update it here so the auto-pay didn't go through for June. I have since updated my card and followed the steps to "Reactivate my account" and "Make a payment" but my account still shows that my plan status is expired and account is suspended and I can't use my phone. It says I'm on some $10 cycle. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

@Amiss 

I'm happy to hear you are back up and running. FYI whenever you have to make a change in your account....pay, change plans etc....try to....

1. Clear your browser. 
  2. Reboot device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Chrome, firefox and safari work best.

This helps avoid error messages, greyed out screens(except if lost/stolen is enabled), and everyone's favourite...the spinning circle of death.

Amiss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes the glitches are annoying. I tried to manually pay, but at first it wouldn't let me because I was on Autopay or I'd submit the payment and it would error out. Eventually it worked out after trying to pay manually and suspending and activating in some sort of order. Yikes. Anyway, my phone works now . Thanks for your response.

@Amiss 

Did you manually top up your account with funds to cover your plan amount? The system will only try to charge your card the one time during renewal when there is not enough funds in your account balance to cover your plan amount. 

After that you must physically add any further funds your account by confirming and submitting the manual top up that gets charged to your card. In most cases once you submit that payment the system will automatically deduct the funds that you just added to your balance to pay for your plan and renew your service status to active in one fell swoop. Occasionally it hiccups and you have to click reactivate and/or use lost/stolen for it to take the funds and renew.

For the first time I got an extra little glitch where it took the funds and the service was working but the account still showed expired with an expired date a month ahead of time and $10 showing as owing. To clear that up required suspension via lost/stolen. I will find out next month if that affected reward application at renewal.....so keep an eye on your next renewal to see if your rewards are affected and moderator contact after renewal is required to manually apply the rewards.

Amiss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a similar issue, but I was on Autopay. I'm a little anxious because this is our phone.

We were on Autopay with an expired credit card, service suspended, updated credit card, then we still got a text that the plan didn't renew... I tried suspending and reactivating... how long will we have to wait?

ahmyin

@darlicious, I can report back already - you were correct. Just took some time for it to sort itself out. It is indeed showing $50 for next cycle so I can be at peace now. Thanks very much again for your time and help. 

@ahmyin 

You're welcome!

If your account stays that way after a few days report back and we can look a little further at it. I will peruse the screenshots I have of my account for when it happened to me since I usually record anomalies in my account just in case.

ahmyin

@darlicious Okay, will do. Really appreciate your help!

@ahmyin 

I've had that happen in my account....I think its just a glitch. If I remember correctly I checked my account a day or 2 later and it had corrected itself. There have been a few wonky renewal days recently so its a bit of a side effect that rights itself eventually. Check in on your account later today or tomorrow to see if it has returned to normal.

ahmyin

Thanks for the swift reply @darlicious. This worked. I had $10 in available funds and added an additional $40 for my $50 plan. However, under "Payment for Next Cycle:" it reads $10 which I don't understand since I am on a $50 plan. Any clarity here? Shouldn't this show as $50 if all is well again?

ahmyin_0-1623354229317.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ahmyin 

Is your top up payment still sitting in your balance? Does it fully cover your plan cost? (Not the amount owing?) If it does not cover the full plan cost add the additional funds by choosing the other amount option on the payment page and submit.

If it does not automatically renew after submitting the payment click on the the reactivate button.

If it still does not renew and take your payment then go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Does your account now say active? If so log out and reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.