cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan renewed automatically with autopay, even though I did NOT set up autopay.

mih
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there

Just needed a phone for this month, and assumed that when the month ends, and without autopay, the plan would lapse and get cancelled.  But it got renewed.  I'd like to cancel it (and get refunded).

How to do this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@mih wrote:

Turns out that there was some promo that since I was referred, I got a free month  🙂

No, I could not see the autopay option (or cancel autopay option) anywhere, so I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Public is awesome with its bonuses, just not always clear where they're coming from, I guess!

Autopay would have to be on for it to renew oe there was extra balnce in account. It can't renew if not paid.  The free month promo must have paid for renwal. If you want to stop using this plan, make sure to delete your credit card from Public Mobile account.

mih
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Turns out that there was some promo that since I was referred, I got a free month  🙂

No, I could not see the autopay option (or cancel autopay option) anywhere, so I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Public is awesome with its bonuses, just not always clear where they're coming from, I guess!

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mih 

Since you see the "Remove AutoPay" button, it looks like you already have it enabled. Another way to check is by going to My rewards page. If you see AutoPay rewards ($2 or $6), it means you have it enabled. If you have the AutoPay enabled, the payment will go through around midnight and account status will change back to Active by the morning. When this happens, you should not experience any downtime with cell services. 

Thecrimson1919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you sure it renewed with funds from your card? If you received the $10 promo and the $25 referral bonus then you may have had the funds available in credits .you would not get a refund .

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mih wrote:

Hi there

Just needed a phone for this month, and assumed that when the month ends, and without autopay, the plan would lapse and get cancelled.  But it got renewed.  I'd like to cancel it (and get refunded).

How to do this?

Thanks

But @mih where did the money come from to pay your account? Did you have rewads or credits?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@mih Look at your rewards section on the main page of your account, if it shows $2 autopay reward then autopay is active. If you want to cancel your plan you can remove your credit card info from your account. You probably set up autopay when you activated the account.
Need Help? Let's chat.