cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan renewal text delayed.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So its been my first plan renewal and on my self serve it says my plan cycle restarted on the 24th. So today I woke up and sure enough I had 0$ in my account as it took my referral bonus and it showed the payment in my payment history. When I used a bit of my data I logged into self serve and it showed it extremely incorrectly like super high usage. I never received the thank you text until later on in the afternoon. My service was never suspended.  A few hours later I logged back into self serve and it finnaly showed the correct data usage. Why did I receive my thank you text so late? I checked my payment history in self serve and I never payed twice. 

EDIT: I realized I put this in the wrong section of the forum.

10 REPLIES 10

BearFBI

I think your right @gblackma. I just found it weird that all of this happend. When I logged in in the morning vs the afternoon the data usage looked like my plan cycle restarted again. Also the payment text message leading up to it. It shows nothing in payment history about it being charged twice. And I don't think that was the case. It must be been a bug.

@BearFBI oh ok thanks for clearing that up, sounded kinda confusing to me. 

@BearFBI it could be because providers will store texts for a certain period of time and try periodically to send them to you. I don't know how long PM will store them perhaps up to 3 days.

@Naepalm the money in the account has no bearing on the texts. They will be sent. 

Stay safe. 

BearFBI

@will13am wrote:

@BearFBI , renewal texts are not 100% reliable.  From my own experience, there would be a missing one here and there.  Autopay is the best way to protect against this.  

@will13am I am on autopay. I used it and it went through.

BearFBI

@Naepalm wrote:

@BearFBI I have yet to get my plan renewed that will be next week but I already have the funds in my account. Does it make a difference if the funds are already in your account for the renewal text? 

For the data usage, it might just have been a bug that shows the wrong amount especially if it reverted back anyway. 

Keep me posted what you find out if the community is not able to answer. 

@Naepalm No i dont think so. You get that message if it payed with autopay or manual payment. It just notified you that it got the payment and your cycle restarted properly. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BearFBI , renewal texts are not 100% reliable.  From my own experience, there would be a missing one here and there.  Autopay is the best way to protect against this.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI I have yet to get my plan renewed that will be next week but I already have the funds in my account. Does it make a difference if the funds are already in your account for the renewal text? 

For the data usage, it might just have been a bug that shows the wrong amount especially if it reverted back anyway. 

Keep me posted what you find out if the community is not able to answer. 

BearFBI

@gblackma Weird. Could it have been that my phone was shut off ? I'm located in Sudbury

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

Process is not instant

Usually rewards are taken around midnight

Payment is taken around 2am

Balance is 0 but technically your old plan still shows 

Then renewal happens later may take up to 16 hrs

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I dont know @BearFBI all 4 of my plan renewals got their thankyou texts between 12.01 and 12.05 PM eastern standard time. Stay safe. 

I'm in Toronto where are you located? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.