cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan renewal problems

CathyBC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have made a payment to cover the renewal and was showing a balance suficient to cover the current expired plan that expired today how ever it did not renew, but was showing avail funds on my profile. so I selected the same plan again from the avail plans and it debited the funds (now showing payment made account balance 0.00) but my phone still does not work, calls made to my phone dont go through i cant call out says i dont have a plan to make calls and dont have data ?  I need phone service this is my only phone line !! how do I get this rectified ? is there an email or method to reach public mobile directly ?

17 REPLIES 17

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I hope this is not renewal bug reincarnated.  @CathyBC , by chance did you perhaps add funds a little late and the renewal process has already commenced.  The process takes hours to complete and starts the night before.  Not blaming you, just trying to understand what went wrong.  

It's a longshot but...take sim card out of phone. If you have dual sim slots, try it in second slot...otherwise reinstall sim and let's start the phone again.

Anything ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CathyBC wrote:

Ok i have tried the lost /found phone waited in between, rebooted phone etc. Still does not work, when my husband calls my number he gets 3 quick beeps and it auto hangs up saying call canceled. How do i reach a moderator or employee.. I need this phone service restored. 

kselmak gave you the link to them a little earlier. But please do also try the manual payment of $1 and restart.

@Moderator_Team < Click this...as a reminder

CathyBC

Ok i have tried the lost /found phone waited in between, rebooted phone etc. Still does not work, when my husband calls my number he gets 3 quick beeps and it auto hangs up saying call canceled. How do i reach a moderator or employee.. I need this phone service restored. 

Let's try this...cycle phone off/on again.

Or try adding $1 to your plan.

Or try the lost/stolen trick to see if that helps. Log into My Account/ Plan and Add-ons...look for Lost/Stolen tab and click it...click Suspend, then log out for a moment. Then repeat process but this time Resume service...then log out and restart phone.

These 3 tricks have already been suggested and if you're still having trouble...please try them as there has been some success in the past, getting plans up and running...like yours.

Alternative is to contact the moderators...but please be patient as it could be 48 hours or more before they respond...usually much less.

Let us know if things improve...good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CathyBC wrote:

As well to be noted the service was not working before we made the payment, hasnt worked since it expired. wouldnt be investigating or messing with it otherwise.

I will try the stolen and found as suggested. 

As a reminder from geopublic a little earlier..

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

CathyBC

As well to be noted the service was not working before we made the payment, hasnt worked since it expired. wouldnt be investigating or messing with it otherwise.

I will try the stolen and found as suggested. 

@CathyBC wrote:

We tried reacyivatin the suspended expired account that did not work thats why we selected the plan that was the same amount but ended up being a better deal of 5gb data instead of the 4.5gb data and of course the unlimited talk and text. 

And now if it was only working it would have been perfect:)

I guess it's time to contact mods.

Brace yourself as it may take some time. They are really busy.

I hope you have it up abd running soon

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CathyBC wrote:

We tried reacyivatin the suspended expired account that did not work thats why we selected the plan that was the same amount but ended up being a better deal of 5gb data instead of the 4.5gb data and of course the unlimited talk and text. 

Ok good. Have a go with the lost/stolen or $1. Let us know.

CathyBC

It happens to me frequently, once it took 16 hours for the expired to disappear.

But I had no problem with the service everything was working. When I saw it the first time I freaked out and looked in the community for similar problems and there were many, but most of them had the same thing big red expired with the service working perfectly. So I didn't touch it and the money disappeared from my account and the expired sign together with it. 

I believe your service got affected because you tried to fix it and switch manually.

Try that lost stolen trick, it helped many.

And if that doesn't work contact the mods at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CathyBC 

That's as may be but what we can help you with here are some shortcuts to avoid the moderator wait time which is atrocious.

The lost/stolen feature won't hurt anything. There may be some side effects of "changing" to the same plan in suspension that you did but we'll see after you try these couple tricks. (the other one being manually adding another $1 into the account and restarting the phone.)

CathyBC

This isnt the first renewal we have gone through, weve had service for well over 2 years, and no the service was not working. without writting a book, the short and simple was that we made the payment, and the plan still remained expired with a $40.00 balance on the account. this 8 hrs after the payment was made btw. we figured that for some reason it wasnt renewing the current plan so we selected the same plan and selected change now, the transaction went through, the balance is now showing $0.00 and everything on the profile is looking normal and current, however service has not been restored as it has every other time in the last 2 plus years. Not everything is a user issue !!  As requested before I dont know how to reach an actually employee or representitive of public mobile as the problem is on their side !

It is apparently a trick to reset your line and correct the provisions

You would do it from self-serve, go to plan and add-ons, and then to lost stolen tab

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CathyBC wrote:

We have made a payment to cover the renewal and was showing a balance suficient to cover the current expired plan that expired today how ever it did not renew, but was showing avail funds on my profile. so I selected the same plan again from the avail plans and it debited the funds (now showing payment made account balance 0.00) but my phone still does not work, calls made to my phone dont go through i cant call out says i dont have a plan to make calls and dont have data ?  I need phone service this is my only phone line !! how do I get this rectified ? is there an email or method to reach public mobile directly ?

@CathyBC During renewal if your phone is working it's best to let the process complete. Once you start messing with it that is when problems similar to what you are describing occur.

Best to message the moderator team to review your plan and account.

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

CathyBC

after selecting the plan and change plan now on my profile everything looks ok. Says plan is active, new due date Aug 28, 2019. we have rebooted the phone several times. My husband tried calling and the call gets canceled before it even reaches the phone ( he is also with publicmobile). as for reporting it lost and found again, i dont know where i would do that and dont see how that will solve anything but cause more problems and chances of confusion. Someone at Public mobile should be able to look into this account and fix this. After all ive paid for a service that im now not receiving. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Does it still say expired?

Is there a button reactivate? You may have to add another dollar to your account.

Could you please restart your phone?

If It still doesn't work could you please report It lost, then after one minute report It found, then restart your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.