cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not accepted..

MissJenni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am supposed to be on a $28 dollar plan, and have never had an issue. Even though it said I'm on $30 for 30 said it has always reverted to my$28 dollar plan and left whatever money in my account for next to up.

I have exactly the right amount in my account for the plan I bought when I got my phone 2 yes ago, but it wants me top add 2 more dollars!!!

I never changed my plan to a $30 dollar plan, it has already been 28$

17 REPLIES 17

@MissJenni think about purchasing a $25 Visa gift card and registering it for auto-pay to receive the $2 reward. this is what I'm doing right now. even if the balance is 0 you will still receive the $2 reward. just make sure your account is always topped up with vouchers

MissJenni

For those following... 

I have gotten a reply and my grandfathered $28 plan was switched to a $30 also now grandfathered and is now being changed back to an even better plan of $25. 

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Issue resolved via ticket.

MissJenni

"In theory, the $3 in rewards should go into the account balance even if a renewal fails because it has to be available before the renewal is processed"

And that is why I say it has never been an issue before today. My rewards have always been in account balance, before adding my voucher. That's how I know what denomination I need to get. 

I have done nothing different than I normally do in the 2 years I been with PB. 

I will just have to wait for a moderator to go over my payment history and plan for reply to my ticket 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@MissJenni wrote:

Yes there was 3$ in there for rewards (refer a friend and something else for a 1)

My plan ran out yesterday. I added my voucher today

Never had auto pay enabled. 

Never had an issue till right now

@MissJenni  I have highlighted the key, I believe, to your quandry. Because your plan went into suspension before you added the voucher you are required to pay the plan in full WITHOUT credit for rewards. 

Details in the link, but "Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status.".

See para 2 in these rules: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/who-can-earn-rewards

So, you must add the missing $3, and as you buy vouchers I suggest you get the minimum and add it to your account. Reboot your phone after that and service should return. 

That's a different take on this. I interpreted the $3 part as it already being in the account balance. In theory, the $3 in rewards should go into the account balance even if a renewal fails because it has to be available before the renewal is processed.

Right! Rewards are converted to Account Balance before it tries to take payment from available balance or cc. Different story if plan was manually suspended by stolen sim/phone. 

@Luddite wrote:

@MissJenni wrote:

Yes there was 3$ in there for rewards (refer a friend and something else for a 1)

@MissJenni  I have highlighted the key, I believe, to your quandry. Because your plan went into suspension before you added the voucher you are required to pay the plan in full WITHOUT credit for rewards. 

Details in the link, but "Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status.".

See para 2 in these rules: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/who-can-earn-rewards

So, you must add the missing $3, and as you buy vouchers I suggest you get the minimum and add it to your account. Reboot your phone after that and service should return. 

That's a different take on this. I interpreted the $3 part as it already being in the account balance. In theory, the $3 in rewards should go into the account balance even if a renewal fails because it has to be available before the renewal is processed.

@MissJenni wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissJenni : Perhaps you could post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

leta_112

Just offering my 2 cents here...if your plan ran out yesterday, you need to pay $30 because you can't use your rewards if your account is suspended. Unless you meant something else by "your plan ran out". Hope you get the answer you are looking for.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MissJenni check to see if you still have the refer a friend reward. it seems like you lost that referral. the other $2 is probably the loyalty reward

if the referral is still in your account then contact customer support mods

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

MissJenni

That is incorrect.. I purchased a $28 dollar plan in 2018 (no longer available) however it got "grandfathered" when the 30$ plan came in.

I have a ticket put in now because this is the first time it didn't accept.

Thank you for your time though 🙂

@MissJenni wrote:

Sorry, but your plan will not work until another $2 payment is made. The plan price is actually $30 less any rewards that you have.  Your top up+any balance must total $30.  Unfortunately, the payment that was made is insufficient.  Even if you do have autopay (which you stated that you don't), rewards for that would have already been added to your account before the renewal process.  You being charged less in the past actually means that you were undercharged previously or that there was extra balance in the account before those renewals.

MissJenni

MissJenni

I have always gotten the denomination to bring it to the 28 needed. 

There was $3 in there and I added the $25 to make it $28.

I've done it that way since the start of my time here 🤷‍♀️

@MissJenni Did you have AutoPay enabled or had other rewards like Refer a Friend or Loyalty? Was your account suspended?

@MissJenni wrote:

But it did not accept my payment of 3$ already in account and$25 voucher(28$ total)

It says I still need 2$ to make it 30

I've never had it on auto pay. 

I have already purchased vouchers and added them manually

Unless you have extra balance in your Public Mobile account or have some other type of rewards, you'll need to make another payment as the plan price is $30. The price isn't $28 unless autopay is enabled.

MissJenni

But it did not accept my payment of 3$ already in account and$25 voucher(28$ total)

It says I still need 2$ to make it 30

I've never had it on auto pay. 

I have already purchased vouchers and added them manually

@MissJenni wrote:

I am supposed to be on a $28 dollar plan, and have never had an issue. Even though it said I'm on $30 for 30 said it has always reverted to my$28 dollar plan and left whatever money in my account for next to up.

I have exactly the right amount in my account for the plan I bought when I got my phone 2 yes ago, but it wants me to add 2 more dollars!!!

I never changed my plan to a $30 dollar plan, it has already been 28$

Those are both the same plan. $28 is after the autopay discount is taken into account.  Has autopay been disabled?

Need Help? Let's chat.