cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan is expired, On Autopay and no service/data all day today

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Two of my family's phones renew their monthly plan today and both of us have no service whatsoever.  I log into Self serve and both of our plans are expired.  Why is Public Mobile so horrendously useless?  They can't even take money from their customers correctly.  This is the final straw for me.  Terrible phone service, lack of customer service, incapable of doing anything other than improving the self serve website - which matters about ZERO.

How about making a phone service that works as i "think" this is their primary business.  Maybe I'm completely mistaken though.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder 

Always remember we see all the complaints here. There are many tens (hundreds ? ) of thousands of customers renewing without issue over all this time.

@PlanShopper  Hey, I hear ya! Although I'll PROBABLY stick around here for a while longer, due to the relatively low cost, the rewards & promos, and a generally good crop of folks that hang out on these forums, BUT I agree with you, that some of the issues around here ARE rudimentary, and should have been fixed long ago. To me, this whole autopay failure thing blows me away, given the frequency that it happens! Having a system that can automatically take someone's money, to keep their service going, is about as basic as it gets..... 🤔 

If you're bailing on PM, I suggest you take @popping 's advice, on how to exit the system, to keep your number, and cancel your service without incident.

PlanShopper

@popping 

Honestly, I've been with PM for 6 years and manage 6 accounts myself and these things just keep happening.  If PM had just opened their doors 6 months ago, I could understand the growing pains, but this is all steady state stuff.  Phones have become a critical service and are a VERY well established and stable technology.  PM is the only company that has outage after outage after screwup after outage after screwup.  It simply unbelievable.  I keep telling myself to hold on and it'll get better, but some of the accounts are over 2 years old and it's continual.  

I'm out of chances to give, I just need reliable service which seems like such a basic thing nowadays.  I just added up all the referral rewards on the 6 accounts and there are 17 connected accounts that I'll be advising that I am leaving.  While I'll leave the decision to them, I'm their IT guy and they all trusted me to come over so I am certain they will follow me wherever I go.

I'd say I'm sorry to PM, but I'm genuinely not.  They're not a "new" company, they need to get their $%# together.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PlanShopper 

I understand what you are saying.  PM should have fix this problem long time ago.  

You can create a moderator support ticket to ask PM to check your accounts.  I am managing 7 PM account for my family and have not got any renewal issue after almost 2 years. 

It is up to you whether you are giving PM another chance to fix your account.  If you decided to leave PM, you should disable your autopay and remove your credit card.  People had reported PM continue to take money from cc. If you port out your number, your account will be cancel.  If you stop payment, your account will be suspended.  90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled.

PlanShopper

I appreciate everyone's help, but I know how to reactivate and everything on my account is active, current and has been working for well over a year.  The problem is that Public Mobile keeps having these follies that are part of their basic service.  I honestly can't believe the number of times that the service has just stopped working, people don't get billed, numbers get lost, accounts suspended and not a peep from customer service.  I was here when calls were dropping for months, I was actually one of the first to report it.  What came of that?  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  They just quietly fixed the issue after a couple MONTHS, no apology, no credits, no promos, NOTHING.  These things just keep happening.  It's like school children trying to run a company.  It's unbelievably horrendous and I'm officially done.  I wanted to keep having hope, but they just keep screwing up, and not minor like "we accidentally sent you a text saying your plan is renewing outside of your billing cycle (which they did do recently), I'm talking about MASSIVE service affecting issues that they ARGUED with me that they absolutely did not have, until it became a massive issue for MONTHS.

They don't even have to manage the infrastructure...they're piggybacking off of Bell/Telus, so what do they actually do other than maintain a billing system (which also doesn't apparently work)?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PlanShopper 

Sometime, PM server may slow to renewing plan.  It happened to me once.  But my phone was still working.  I let it do it job and renewed correctly after couple of hours.

But your phone is not working.  Try adding your plan fee using your autopay cc on file.  Then, click on the reactivate your plan link to renewal your plan.

If you cannot add fund to your account using the cc on file, check your cc expiry date and update your cc info.

FYI:

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

@PlanShopper wrote:

I shouldn't ahve to do any of this.  I have never, ever had to even consider having a failsafe plan to ensure my cell phone carrier can actually bill me.  It seem so rudimentary.

You are absolutely correct, i.e. you SHOULDN'T have to do any of this, BUT unfortunately, that's part of life with Public Mobile - I've only been here since early Dec., and although my autopay has worked fine, so far(fingers & toes crossed), I've seen NUMEROUS complaints of this happening. That's why the prevailing wisdom around here, is to manually add the appropriate funds a couple of days before your renewal date, to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen. You can still leave your card on file, to keep the autopay $2 reward intact.

Some people have been here FOR YEARS, on autopay, without a failure, and then WHAMMO, it fails, whereas others have had it fail within the 1st month or two..... it's very random.

PlanShopper

I shouldn't ahve to do any of this.  I have never, ever had to even consider having a failsafe plan to ensure my cell phone carrier can actually bill me.  It seem so rudimentary.

@PlanShopper To reactivate a suspended account, follow these steps:
1. Deposit funds if there is no automatic payment credit card. If there is, skip step 1. Just use step 2
2. Go to the payment tab, select the single payment and the amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button. Thank you.
Via 611
You can also use 611 to make your payment.:
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card
3. press 1 amount due.

Then restart your phone.

If none of these work, make a one time payment equal to the cost of your plan and ask a moderator to apply it for you. Ask them to apply your rewards if any, then too. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Before you bail on PM why don’t you buy some vouchers to pay/keep a running balance and leave the credit card on to get the rewards.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@PlanShopper  Maybe you ought to clarify a bit..... when you're in the self-serve, does it say your plan is suspended? From what you typed, it SOUNDS as though you have it set up for autopay, but it didn't work? If that's the case, try manually paying, while in self-serve, and hitting the "reactivate" button. You MIGHT also need to restart the phone. Give that a try and get back to this thread to update.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes autopay does not work.  It is recommended to keep an account balance to cover your payment.  You can log into your self serve to make a manual payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.