cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan is due to renew today, still has not processed payment

Zozr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been out of data on my plan for a while now and was waiting for my auto pay renewal on Jan 17 for my 3 month plan. 

Just wondering when this will be processed today so I can continue using my data. 

I assumed it would be at midnight today but it was not 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

@Zozr wrote:

I considered this but didn't want to mess with my auto pay bonus. If I were to manually top up my account would that affect my auto pay? 

@Zozr No sure if you are referring to a) early renewal, or b) paying in advance.

If b) then no affect on Rewards, if a) then I believe no Rewards are applied so you must pay in full.

Our collective understanding of the payment system: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

alanbrenan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zozr wrote:

I considered this but didn't want to mess with my auto pay bonus. If I were to manually top up my account would that affect my auto pay? 

I believe the autopay checks for funds/rewards in your account prior to taking from your bank. I believe there are people who sign up a friend's CC only to go and buy payment vouchers and top up their account manually so nothing is taken out of the credit cards.

This is a pretty common thing as it's a little more manageable than $100+ for certain 90 day plans coming out of your credit card all at once. Funds don't need to actually be processed from your card, one simply has to be signed up to the autopay effort. I personally top my account up manually despite having autopay.

Zozr

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Zozr To kick in new data, you may also renew your plan early by contacting the moderators after making a one time payment for the plan amount.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

alanbrenan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zozr wrote:

I have been out of data on my plan for a while now and was waiting for my auto pay renewal on Jan 17 for my 3 month plan. 

Just wondering when this will be processed today so I can continue using my data. 

Thanks 

@Zozr wrote:

Thanks 

Hello @Zozr!

Sorry to hear you've run short on data, it can be a real upset to have that happen. As @Ziggy said, your payment should process by midnight tonight. It may even start to appear as if your plan has expired for a brief moment in your self-serve, but after midnight the payment should process and your plan should auto-renew.

As @ky01 has said, next time you can send a request to the Moderator Team for an early renewal when you run out of data assuming you have the funds in your account to pay for the new plan. This is a pretty common practice from what I can tell, but please understand it is not an official option by any means and is purely a courtesy. The standard response to running out of data is to purchase a data add-on.

If your payment does not process by midnight, I'd advise you to send a PM to the Moderator Team the following morning (9am EST) so that there are no issues and you can get back online. Check below for info on how to do this.

Open this spoiler for all info on how to contact the Moderator Team:
Spoiler
If you require support that troubleshooting, the Knowledge Base or an Oracle/Community Member cannot assist you with or you simply feel like your issue needs to be brought to the attention of staff, you can PM the Moderator Team by clicking here.

The more of the following information you can provide the better:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN OR at least three of the following to verify your identity:
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation, the following can help to avoid the need for any clarifications:
    • Link to original thread regarding issue
    • What you've attempted to resolve your issue on your own
    • What happened and when
Community Moderators Hours:
Mon-Thursday: 9am EST to 9pm EST
Friday - Sunday: 9am EST to 7:30pm EST

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Zozr, if you check in the selfserve portal and look under the rewards tab I find that date to be more accurate of your renewal date and it will say a day later so it will probably say 18 Jan 18

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ky01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Next time, you can also send a message to the moderators to request them to renew your plan early if you do not want to wait until your scheduled renewal date 🙂

Ziggy

Midnight Tonight

Need Help? Let's chat.