cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hb3l122
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Plan has run out, but I have available funds!

Texts on my wife's phone:

• Jun 29 - Public Mobile Here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed.
  • Jul 5 (Yesterday) - Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your plan.

An now when she dials a local number she gets: "Sorry - we cannot complete your call. You don't have an active long-distance add-on."

What ?!?!?

First, she can't dial a local number because she doesn't have an active long-distance plan? That's pretty stupid.

But more important - a few months ago I put enough funds on her Public Mobile account to last until August. I go online July 5th and see:

Available Funds: $30.00

Payment for next cycle: $15.00

Amount owing: <blank>

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

Translation: Pay nothing by Jul 28 (25 days from now) to re-start the plan.

This is complete, utter, infuriating nonsense.

Fix this fast or am moving to another carrier (that actually has customer-service and not some stupid robot) and filing a complaint with the CRTC.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Plan has run out, but I have available funds!

@hb3l122, having funds in the account does not mean that the service will continue working if the plan has run out of minutes.  The solution is to either add more minutes to the account with an add-on or to swtich to a plan that might be more appropriate for the amount of usage.  500 minutes can be added to the account for $5.

View solution in original post

All Replies

@hb3l122, having funds in the account does not mean that the service will continue working if the plan has run out of minutes.  The solution is to either add more minutes to the account with an add-on or to swtich to a plan that might be more appropriate for the amount of usage.  500 minutes can be added to the account for $5.

View solution in original post

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@hb3l122 hi sounds like you ran out of outgoing minutes if no minutes show up in data and addons section thats the issue you can buy a 500  minute add on for 5 bucks

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@hb3l122 wrote:

Texts on my wife's phone:

• Jun 29 - Public Mobile Here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed.
  • Jul 5 (Yesterday) - Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your plan.

An now when she dials a local number she gets: "Sorry - we cannot complete your call. You don't have an active long-distance add-on."

What ?!?!?

First, she can't dial a local number because she doesn't have an active long-distance plan? That's pretty stupid.

But more important - a few months ago I put enough funds on her Public Mobile account to last until August. I go online July 5th and see:

Available Funds: $30.00

Payment for next cycle: $15.00

Amount owing: <blank>

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

Translation: Pay nothing by Jul 28 (25 days from now) to re-start the plan.

This is complete, utter, infuriating nonsense.

Fix this fast or am moving to another carrier (that actually has customer-service and not some stupid robot) and filing a complaint with the CRTC.

Hi, sounds frustrating but the good thing is you do not get charged unless you have paid for it in advance.

Which plan does she have?

hb3l122
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, well maybe that's it.

BUT WHY ON EARTH DON'T THEY SAY THAT?

I don't really care. A company that is this confusing to deal with is going in my rear-view mirrow immediately.

Thanks for the replies, but I'm gone.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@hb3l122 wrote:

I don't really care. A company that is this confusing to deal with is going in my rear-view mirrow immediately.

Sorry to hear you are leaving but this is a minor inconvience that benefits you by never taking funds/charging you unless you know and agree in advance. Very convient for most.

@hb3l122 wrote:

You're going to run into problems with any carrier if a plan is chosen that isn't appropriate for the amount of usage.  It's just that some carriers will charge you extra after using up all of your minutes. I would consider a plan with unlimited calling.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hb3l122 wrote:

You're going to run into problems with any carrier if a plan is chosen that isn't appropriate for the amount of usage.  It's just that some carriers will charge you extra after using up all of your minutes. I would consider a plan with unlimited calling.

Yes, some will go ahead and charge your CC or remove funds without you knowing it until bill time....not I surpise I like getting!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@hb3l122 ok see ya it's not Public mobiles fault you ran out of minutes Smiley LOL

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hb3l122 wrote:

@hb3l122 Take care!!

Need Help? Let's chat.