cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expires today, wont allow me to change it

vacek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I currently have a 90 day plan that expires today.

I would like to change it (Build your own plan) for 30 days ... there is $63.00 in my account to cover it ... but when i build my own plan, "Change on next renewal date" will not allow a click.

How can I do this?

EDIT: And now my account is suspended, yet payment was due today.

17 REPLIES 17

vacek

Thought about this also, but waiting for mods to reply and sort this out at this point. I dont want to dump 90 days worth of funds into my account, and I'm not entirely sure I'm going to stay with Public yet.

Fact here is, system has a bug. Texted me a date to pay by, then shut me down on the same date when I was working on renewing. This needs to be fixed.

@vacek, as you're using this for business, it may be quicker for you to top-up the full 90-day value you're being asked for, renew the current plan, then immediately book for a plan change on your next renewal date.  That way you get your service back now (albeit on the wrong plan for 90 days) but you'll be ready for the next renewal.

Hope this helps.

vacek

Lesson learned. Dont use Public mobile for a business line. Still nothing back from @CS_Agent

@vacek

Sorry about the delay.  Due to overwhelming demand on moderators, the typical wait times for response is 1-2 days.  Not sure if the long weekend made the response time even slower.  Hopefully, your phone will be working soon.  

vacek

Approaching 24 hours, and nothing back from Moderators yet. Phone is still dead.

vacek

sent the moderators a note with all the applicable info 3 hours ago .... waiting...

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@vacek This is why I always pay in advance manually to avoid the issue.

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I actually suggest everyone pays manually in advance just to prevent account suspension.

Now that you are locked I suggest contacting a moderator as only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

vacek

yep, lesson learned.

Although this time, I was/am moving from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan so wasnt going to work for me.

But moving forward, autorenew for certain.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@vacek wrote:

Plan Expiry Date: Aug 6, 2018

Then yesterday was the final opportunity to top up.  The renewal bug lives on.  

To avoid this renewal bug, I will add fund to my account a few days ahead of my renewal day.  As long as the autopay is enabled, I still get the $2 autopay discount.

vacek

Thanks. Seemed odd to me but this helps clear it up.

Meanwhile, I dont have a working phone which is the frustrating part. Hope to hear back from mods quickly.

@vacek wrote:

Then yesterday was the final opportunity to top up.  The renewal bug lives on.  

vacek

@vacek wrote:

I received a text from PM yesterday, that stated:

"Public Mobile Here. Your payment is due tommorow ......"

Crazy to think that I had until today to square it up 🙂

When you look at your overview page, what date do you see there?  Was the date yesterday?  Also there has been issues with failed renewals.  My understanding was the problem has been resolved which is why I didn't bring it up earlier.  Maybe the software bug is still lurking around.

vacek

I received a text from PM yesterday, that stated:

"Public Mobile Here. Your payment is due tommorow ......"

Crazy to think that I had until today to square it up 🙂

@vacek wrote:

Thanks I sent them a note.

But why, when payment was due today, did my account get suspended in the middle of the day? 

That I cannot explain.  I have never had it happen to me.  Just to be sure of dates, the date showing in the overview is the date top up is required to ensure proper renewal.  The date showing in the rewards page is the day that renewal takes place.  Renewal usually occurrs early morning eastern time.

vacek

Thanks I sent them a note.

But why, when payment was due today, did my account get suspended in the middle of the day? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@vacek, this is how the system works.  In a suspended account, you cannot make plan changes.  You can only renew the existing plan.  To make a plan change you will need to reach out to the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.