cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My first month renewal is Jan10.  I have 2nd month free and $2 auto pay credit so account page shows available funds of $37.  In red, account status shows “plan expired”.  Should I be concerned?  Should I be doing anything?

19 REPLIES 19

@hosseinfeiz wrote:

It doesn't make sense. Why does my plan say expired? I have auto pay and more than enough funds already in there. This is so frustrating!!

Hi @hosseinfeiz if your service is ok, then just ignore it.  it is just how the system works.

This is my account during renewal process

Plan Expired - Reactivate Current Plan - Disregard.png

If your registered credit card was not charged, then autopay failed, which happens a lot of times here.  In this case, you may top up your account manually, through your self serve account, or you can dial 611 and pay manually using your registered credit card.  You will need your PIN number to do this.

or, you can buy a Public Mobile voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart or London Drugs or your local gas station etc, and pay through your self serve account, or by dialling 611.  You don't need your PIN number when you pay by voucher.

I hope this helps

RosieR

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your services are working, you can ignore the message.  The plans are 30 day plans, so on day 30, the plan expires, and a new plan starts the next day.  If you have money in the account to pay for the plan, then don't worry, tomorrow the plan will show renewed and will show your next renewal date in March.

I thinks it's a bit weird, they should use a different system and not put the expired notice in large caps and red!  It freaks people out when they see it. 

@hosseinfeiz wrote:

It doesn't make sense. Why does my plan say expired? I have auto pay and more than enough funds already in there. This is so frustrating!!

This is a long standinng issue with the self serve system. If your service is working, this is no problem and your plan isn't really expired.

hosseinfeiz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@gmbgmb99 wrote:

I didn't get that far for a credit card info.  It said something like not accepting payments.  Had same problem with my wife's phone today and same error trying to pay with credit card so went and purchased a voucher.  I dd not hear any menu for purchasing top ups.

This is reason I thought I would use auto pay so I didn't have to manually pay.  This is very annoying to customers.  Fix auto pay.  Customers affected by this will go somewhere else.  I never had this problem with previous vendors.

--------

Well that is good for people it works for but not worth a dam for the others.

NOT Acceptable so I guess if you are in that category then too bad for you and the company doesn't fix it.

That ells me a lot about this company.

@gmbgmb99 we as the community hear you.  So many customers get frustrated that autopay failed.  The Public Mobile community who are customers like you, yes we are fellow customers, bears the brunt of customers' anger and frustration.  

We cannot say when this problem in the Public Mobile will be fixed.  We hope asap.  But, I believe that some customers must have left and gone to another provider because of this. 

We hope you'd stay; but if you decide to go to another provider, we wish you well.

Best wishes

RosieR 

Pipcan

There is a learning curve as a new customer (me December) but it all works for me

1. auto pay works fine

2. if you want to change your plan you need to pay for the next month even if you are on auto pay

3.  I think your account will show as “account expired” the day before renewal, though everything still works and then all is good when renewal processed 

gmbgmb99

Well that is good for people it works for but not worth a dam for the others.

NOT Acceptable so I guess if you are in that category then too bad for you and the company doesn't fix it.

That ells me a lot about this company.

gmbgmb99

I didn't get that far for a credit card info.  It said something like not accepting payments.  Had same problem with my wife's phone today and same error trying to pay with credit card so went and purchased a voucher.  I dd not hear any menu for purchasing top ups.

This is reason I thought I would use auto pay so I didn't have to manually pay.  This is very annoying to customers.  Fix auto pay.  Customers affected by this will go somewhere else.  I never had this problem with previous vendors.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmbgmb99 : If you were on autopay then you wouldn't've needed to enter another card in the 611. You can buy top-ups in the 611. You would need your 4 digit PIN though.

Absolutely, the payment system has been a long time problem for some people. But many people renew without a thought for months or even years on end.

@gmbgmb99 wrote:

I had this same issue yesterday even though I am on Autopay and no changes made to account.  Submitted a ticket and it said may be 2 days which is unacceptable.

I called Wallmart to see if they had an idea.  Apparently the Autopay system has ongoing problems that are not being fixed so was told to try paying manually with my card using *611.  Tried this but would not allow me to give card # (brick wall) so I went to store and bought a payment voucher for Public and then used *611 which worked.  Try doing that.

Not happy with this since i was out of a phone for the day.  Can't believe they don't fix this permanently to avoid customer dissatisfaction.

FYI,

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

gmbgmb99

I had this same issue yesterday even though I am on Autopay and no changes made to account.  Submitted a ticket and it said may be 2 days which is unacceptable.

I called Wallmart to see if they had an idea.  Apparently the Autopay system has ongoing problems that are not being fixed so was told to try paying manually with my card using *611.  Tried this but would not allow me to give card # (brick wall) so I went to store and bought a payment voucher for Public and then used *611 which worked.  Try doing that.

Not happy with this since i was out of a phone for the day.  Can't believe they don't fix this permanently to avoid customer dissatisfaction.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Pipcan wrote:

Is this just a quirk in the system?  I have the same plan expired message.  My renew date is Feb 9. I think I had the same message last month when I had a free month.

also, as of Feb 9 I requested to change from $35 to $25 plan and I prepaid the feb 9 renewal even though I am on automatic payment.  I’ll see how this works out tomorrow 

Those are the usual messages you get during the renewal process. As long as your services are working there is nothing to worry about.

Pipcan

Is this just a quirk in the system?  I have the same plan expired message.  My renew date is Feb 9. I think I had the same message last month when I had a free month.

also, as of Feb 9 I requested to change from $35 to $25 plan and I prepaid the feb 9 renewal even though I am on automatic payment.  I’ll see how this works out tomorrow 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MayaK wrote:

My service is not working and it says plan expired. For safety I need access to my phone everyday. How can this be rectified and ensured it won’t happen again. I  set up for auto pay so not sure what’s up. Anyone?

When is your renewal date? Can you confirm that you services are not working? Can you make a manual payment for the cost of your plan and then see if there is a reactivate button?

MayaK

My service is not working and it says plan expired. For safety I need access to my phone everyday. How can this be rectified and ensured it won’t happen again. I  set up for auto pay so not sure what’s up. Anyone?

@etienneprog wrote:

Hi, 

I have a similar issue. The second month free promo for the holidays is not showing up. No credit applied, anything. I read again all the terms, and every conditions were followed. The chat option doesn't seem to offer any help about this specific promotion. What should I do?

Hi @etienneprog ,

Has it been 30 days since you activated? If so, and you followed the terms of the promo, contact the moderators to inquire about it.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Pipcan

Mine is fine now. I looked yesterday and saw plan expired. My plan renews Jan 10, today, and all is good. Is yours Jan 11 renewal?

etienneprog

Hi, 

I have a similar issue. The second month free promo for the holidays is not showing up. No credit applied, anything. I read again all the terms, and every conditions were followed. The chat option doesn't seem to offer any help about this specific promotion. What should I do?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Pipcan ,

If you have all your service working, please ignore it.

Strange that PM does this, but this is normal renewal process.

Need Help? Let's chat.