cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired today, I'm on auto renew

Rendoh3323
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan expired today, I am on auto renew and credit card was up to date. My account shows plan expired, and account suspended. I made a payment, enough balance but my plan still does not work and nothing changed. Please help?

10 REPLIES 10

andrew_leveque2

Try calling 611 and doing it that way. Its all automated 

andrew_leveque2

Happened to me many times.. sometimes you have to go in and manually make a payment. It doesn't effect your rewards 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : I shake my head each time someone comes on complaining about not liking to receive these texts. It hurts that much?! It's not very often though so it would seem most people accept the texts.

What is it:

*heads up text a couple days before renewal

*thanks for your payment after renewal

your card is expiring

rewards applied

your plan is suspended

payments deposited

referrals

bonus add-ons (gifts)

you need a texting add-on in the states

expiring roaming add-on

data warnings

minute warnings

And then there's the several other number sources. The asterisks are the very basic minimal. The rest are conditional depending on your activity and choices.

@Anonymous wrote:

The company even sends a text noticing that the card is expiring. But we know that some people don't like being pestered with the normal texts so they block these things. And then they complain.

This will be really not that smart move to block PM's messages. I can understand fighting spam messages and calls but not announcement from PM.

Why would somebody be bothered by messages like 'your renewal date is such-and-such' or 'we received your payment', etc. It is not on daily basis anyway...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : It's ever been thus. Always remember that we see the complaints here. Many thousands of customers go on with their lives without a thought to their autopay working. It just does. Yes it should be more robust and should never fail from the company side. The company even sends a text noticing that the card is expiring. But we know that some people don't like being pestered with the normal texts so they block these things. And then they complain.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Interesting how this auto-pay affects some clients.

- Did Every PM client experienced this failure at least once or it affects only certain clients in particular area code(s)?

- Does it matter when you signed up with PM?

- Why PM management does not look little bit deeper into this problem?

This kind of issues really lower confidence in PM and could cause unnecessary back-lashing on social media and client's desertion from PM.

Many of us know how to resolve this issue (reading through this forum) or are patient enough to apply suggested solutions but New clients might panic and degrade PM's reputation.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rendoh3323 

Public Mobile's Autopay system is glitchy and sometimes doesn't work when it's supposed to.  I like @mimmo's idea of doing a manual $1 topup to see if that works.  Reactivate your account and hopefully all will be smooth sailing.

Let us know how things go!  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rendoh3323 wrote:

My plan expired today, I am on auto renew and credit card was up to date. My account shows plan expired, and account suspended. I made a payment, enough balance but my plan still does not work and nothing changed. Please help?

Hello @Rendoh3323 

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

And, also ensure all rewards were or will be provided to you.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Do you see a reactivate button? What is the account balance?

Try adding 1$ manually to the account balance.

Try toggling the lost stolen feature in selfserve off and on under plans

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Rendoh3323 wrote:

@Rendoh3323  Yes, Autopay fails for no reason sometime.

So, your manual payment went through?  Do you see a button "Reactivate current plan"?  if so, please click on it, then logout from your My Account.  Give it another 2 minutes and reboot your phone and see if you have the service again

Need Help? Let's chat.