cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired service suspended?

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I am well aware of the plan suspended message on the renewal date and it has never caused me problems until today. Today is the renewal date and my service got suspended altogether! I am using the same credit card for months and it has not expired.

The line is for my parents as an emergency phone. The service suspension does not sit well with me. Is there anything I can do on my end to prevent this?

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

PrashanthanE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Had the same issue!

had to manually pay with  a different cc for it to work

@Orz wrote:

I did not see a date on the top of the overview page. It now says my next renewal date is March 5.

I added the amount due in full and the line re-activates right away. The whole thing seems to be auto-pay just dropped the ball all of a sudden and I didn't change anything. Bizzare but at least I can get around this with manual payment.

Thanks everyone!

Did you use the same CC has you have on file for autopay? If yes thin this proves your card is fine in which case I would contact the MODs and explain in detail what is going on. If not I would suggest adding a dollar using the same card and confirm it works.

EDIT: We all should be able to rely on autopay to do its job.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Orz wrote:

I did not see a date on the top of the overview page. It now says my next renewal date is March 5.

I added the amount due in full and the line re-activates right away. The whole thing seems to be auto-pay just dropped the ball all of a sudden and I didn't change anything. Bizzare but at least I can get around this with manual payment.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So yes. That date is the end of your now new term. Overnight of Mar 5 - 6 will be the next renewal. That date changes from month to month. The evening of the 5th you should just stay away.

And also yes you get to keep the autopay reward even if you top up however else. Do manual top ups at least the day before that last day.

Orz

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. Phone's working...I'm outta here. Sigh.

Thanks for replying below Orz.

It looks like the payment date was yesterday and renewal date was today midnight. Which means the renewal failed for somereason. And adding manual payment fixed the issue. Not sure why AutoPay didn't take the payment.

Glad to hear it's solved. Thanks for reporting back @Orz

@Orz wrote:

The phone line was down the whole day today until I manually added funds then it immediately worked.

Now the line is active the susprension message is gone, I guess there's no use in posting the screenshots and payment history.....

Did you add enough funds to cover the whole cost of renewal or did it take some with autopay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Orz wrote:

The phone line was down the whole day today until I manually added funds then it immediately worked.

Now the line is active the susprension message is gone, I guess there's no use in posting the screenshots and payment history.....

What does the date on the top of your overview page say now?

Orz

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If this is renewal night I would just stay the heck away from the self-serve and see what results in the morning. It's not even supposed to suspend anything until midnight ET though so something might be going on.

Different situation when "Today is the renewal date and my service got suspended". 

@Orz Can you confirm your are not able to use your phone right now?

Renewal date *could* mean the new term and also could mean the last day of the previous term.

Yes, i could be wrong here. 

@OrzPlease confirm if your services are currently working on your phone. It will determine the action you should take. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If this is renewal night I would just stay the heck away from the self-serve and see what results in the morning. It's not even supposed to suspend anything until midnight ET though so something might be going on.

Different situation when "Today is the renewal date and my service got suspended". 

Renewal date *could* mean the new term and also could mean the last day of the previous term.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Orz wrote:

Thanks, NDesai! I definitely will keep funds on the account from now on, although this kind of defeats the purpose of auto-pay (other than having the $2 discount). 

I never had any issue with AutoPay for last 3 years now. But there are many reasons it could fail. Adding manual payment before hand is always a best idea. 

@Orz wrote:

I am curious with why would enabling/disabling lost/stolen phone features will solve the issue. 

Somehow the system triggers something in the backend and magically activates the service. This issue has been going on for the past few months now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Orz wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am well aware of the plan suspended message on the renewal date and it has never caused me problems until today. Today is the renewal date and my service got suspended altogether! I am using the same credit card for months and it has not expired.

The line is for my parents as an emergency phone. The service suspension does not sit well with me. Is there anything I can do on my end to prevent this?

Thank you.

I do wonder if last night was the actual renewal and that the autopay didn't work for whatever reason. *Then* you'd be suspended. Please post a screenshot of your overview page and maybe payment history so we can see. Blank out personal info of course.

Orz

Thanks, NDesai! I definitely will keep funds on the account from now on, although this kind of defeats the purpose of auto-pay (other than having the $2 discount). 

I am curious with why would enabling/disabling lost/stolen phone features will solve the issue. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Orz Seems like another one of those renewal failure. Try enabling/disabling lost/stolen phone features. Or try adding funds manually from your self-serve account or by dialing 611. 

Need Help? Let's chat.