cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired but my card and autopay is updated- HELP!!

Jeanetta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have autopay setup- my account shows “currently registered for dynamic autopay”

my cycle restarted in July 12 but says “expired” and isn’t working. Yikes- major hassle to have a non functioning phone!

it also had something that resembled an amount owing near the “reactivate” warning- Saying I owe $7 I believe, so I directly paid $10 on my account & that isn’t showing anymore… but phone still not working.

double checked autopay is setup. Double checked my plan is what I want. Don’t know what else to do.

possibly related to the problem: I updated my plan to the $40 one some weeks ago. I also changed my credit card number on the account at the same time (had lost my old one)

wondering how to proceed, I need my phone working ASAP. The threads I found in here a mention a glitch- so pending there but being a magic fix I’m missing does anyone know the next steps to getting help and remedying this?

thanks so much!!!

11 REPLIES 11

Jeanetta

Thank you kindly.

I did reboot. All is working 

Fingers crossed it’s good for next time. Thanks for letting me know it’s a known glitch. Kinda a hassle but I appreciate the support!!! And grateful to be back in action

@Jeanetta  Glad it works in the end.

I still suggest you to reboot your phone when you are back to PM service area, just in case.

It is a known issue that Autopay might fail the first time  after a plan upgrade.  It should be good next time.  Of course,  in case there is any issue, remember, your "friends" are here to help  🙂

Jeanetta

Thank you!!!

its showing as active now!! I’m not in cell service atm but will check when I am and presume this solved it.

after I manually paid $30 it turned to “active”, I didn’t need to deactivate or reboot even.

Now I’m wanting to make sure this doesn’t happen again! Any idea if this is going to reoccur every pay cycle? I’m still listed as being setup for autopay but if it doesn’t work that’s no good… I’d really like to not have to manually remember to pay each time….any ideas on how to solve this part?

many thanks 

@Jeanetta   You have a $40 plan and your current balance is only $10.  You are short of $30, does that make sense?

Yes, I read your post again.  You upgraded your plan to $40 and you probably click to start in the next cycle.  Unfortunately, Autopay failed and you need to manually pay

You paid $10.  So, you still out $30.  You have to top up another $30 and then click Reactivate current plan and reboot your phone.

Jeanetta

7142AEED-770D-48C5-AC2B-15D1322AEF18.png

  laaagh don’t know why it’s posting fuzzy…. It’s not fuzzy in my photos 

Jeanetta

D25DB911-30E1-43E0-B471-A028C72F118F.png

@Jeanetta 

Use the lost/stolen feature to suspend your service. Then log out/in. Resume your service. Click on the reactivate button. Log out and reboot. Test for service. If you have service but it still says expired in your account ignore that message its a glitch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeanetta 

i suggest you can Remove your credit card and re entered.

Update Or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to  Self-Serve.  Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

this could be your account going through the normal renewal process.

The Self Serve  account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your Self Serve account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2.  (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  3. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  4. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  5. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  6. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  7. Reboot your phone.
  8. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeanetta : Could you post a screenshot of your overview page? Blank out personal info of course.

You could try manually adding another dollar.

You could try the Lost/stolen method of resetting the account. Suspend then Resume.

Jeanetta

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I have tried signing back in and also restarting phone.

still says expired.

Current amount due is 0

i have a $10 credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeanetta : Can you log out, clear cache/site cookies or use a different browser or use incognito mode and log back in. Do you still see the suspended notice up top? If not, restart the phone. If so, how much is being asked for on the Amount due line?

Need Help? Let's chat.