cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired 1 day early

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My plan status had just expired and today is Nov 24th.

My payment due date is Nov 25th as shown on the top and the bottom of my overview page 

My phone is still working.  I am going to ignore it for now.

I checked my payment history.  My last payment was Oct 26 and Oct has 31 days.  My renewal date should be on the Nov 25th.  

When PM changed the definition of the payment due date?

My payment due date is the renewal date now.

27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cheese_wagon_dr wrote:

I believe that since October has 31 days, that this is the reason why your plan says it expires one day early and that your payment due date is the day before. 30 days from October 26th (with the 26th being day 1) is November 24th (as the 24th being day 30). So therefore your payment due date should be the 23rd so that when your plan expires on the 24th, the payment will be processed and there will be no interruption in service.

Good of you to finally join in.

This topic is about a slight change in date display that happened recently. The payment due date on the overview page used to be the last day of the paid term. Now that date is the first day of the new term. Maybe they wanted to align that with the autopay date and the 611 date.

But I would still think it made more sense for it to be the last day to make a payment so as not to possibly have loss of service.

cheese_wagon_dr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe that since October has 31 days, that this is the reason why your plan says it expires one day early and that your payment due date is the day before. 30 days from October 26th (with the 26th being day 1) is November 24th (as the 24th being day 30). So therefore your payment due date should be the 23rd so that when your plan expires on the 24th, the payment will be processed and there will be no interruption in service.

Csteeves71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will be the 3rd of January now lol

@popping  Haha seems like we have two renewals on the same days. I guess we were both thinking it's time to switch to pm on the same days. Glad your renewal went smoothly....just trying to see how widespread this renewal issue is. Two of us with no services but we can use add on data.

popping

@darlicious wrote:

@Csteeves71 

@popping 

Did your renewals go smoothly? Or did it not provision correctly like mine and leave you without service?

My account is back to active this morning as well as my other renewals mentioned on this thread.

I have another renewal tomorrow morning with the payment due date Dce 5.

@Csteeves71 

@popping 

Did your renewals go smoothly? Or did it not provision correctly like mine and leave you without service?

Csteeves71

For sure

@Luddite wrote:

Nomenclature may have changed but the "Payment Due Date" shown on the Overview Page continues to be 1 day before the date "Your next plan cycle starts" that shows under My Rewards.

This is to be sure anyone NOT using autopay makes their payment in time for the renewal that occurs around 2 am ET.

More guesswork about the renewal process here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Used to be, as discussed not anymore. That text on the overview page needs to be changed to adjust for the new reality.

I logged into self serve today because I got the payment reminder "Heads up, your payment is due soon. Please ensure that you have enough funds in your account. If you have AutoPay, please ignore this msg." In the past I've got those texts a maximum of two days before renewal, but I was sure that both my accounts were not due until closer to mid month.

Screenshot_2019-12-03-Public-Mobile---Overview.jpgScreenshot_2019-12-03 Public Mobile - Rewards.png

My last renewal on this account was November 12/2019. So December 12/2019 sounds right for renewal day.

I've been part of that "renewal without rewards around the 11th - 13th" group (ie in October and November my rewards were manually added by the moderators after renewal, August and September were normal), so it looks like after more than 2.5 glitch free years some gremlin messed up my account.

I will have to keep a close eye on this.

Csteeves71

Yep sure does

@Csteeves71  You are correct...your due date will change when there are months with 31, 29 or 28 days. If your due date is the 4th your renewal should be tonight in about 2 hours like mine.

Csteeves71

Mine has changed numerous times and I have been told it all depends on how many days in the month as your plan is for 30 days I used to be the 10th when I first started now I am the 4 the!! 

@darlicious Watch a random movie on Neflix, Prime Video, or Crave. If you don't subscribe to any of those , you can always install a Canadian tv station's app and watch an episode of your favorite show. Running speed tests can also be a good way to waste data.

On topic, the problems with the displayed dates began long before this recent change. Previously, the date would change to the renewal date instead of payment due date after midnight but would the self serve site would still instruct customers to pay by 11:59pm of that date (which would be 24 hours too late).

@popping @computergeek541 @Anonymous @cellphoneuser1 @PAULRANG18 

This incorrect messaging by public mobile when the due dates changed on our accounts can definitely cause issues fo users without autopay. It almost messed me up today. I had forgotten I had a hold on my card and checked my renewal date. Please pay by 11:59 pm et. on this date : December 4th 2019. After taking my hold off I went into my account since I was already in incognito mode...mode...made a payment with my card. All a day early....so I thought....just checked now...my plan is currently expired and going thru the renewal process. The dates in our accounts are clearly wrong. I thought when this thread was originally posted that @Tiana_V  and @Alan_K had been made aware of this issue. I will safely assume my other account is due at 11:59pm et on the 5th not the 6th of December as stated on my account.

Dang it...i thought I had another 24 hrs to burn thru that 2gbs of data left on my plan. Maybe there's a good hdtv movie I can watch on my phone at the park? Mall? Ride the bus?

popping

Another data point:

I have another plan with the payment due date Dec 4 and is expired ATM on Dec 3 evening.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM should sync these 2 dates because it confuses everyone.

@popping  I saw the thread yesterday about the renewal date at checked my accounts and they seem off by a day because I wanted to check that my data counter was set correctly. This will be an issue for users without autopay or extra funds in their account to cover missing rewards.

popping

@Anonymous 

Another data point to confirm that the date shown on the overview page is the renewal date.  NOT the payment due date.

Another account has the same behavior as my other account 2 days ago.

Overview date : Nov 27,2019

Today is Nov 26, 2019

This account status = expired.

My phone is still working.

expire early 2.JPG

My next account with Dec 4 on the overview page.

I will update this thread next week.

Happy PMing...

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

So @popping... do you concur with computergeek541 and other comments that all is well...just that they've changed the display?

After going through my payment history, I received my rewards on Oct 26.  Add 30 days to Oct 26 is Nov 25 because Oct has 31 days.  Therefore, Nov 24 should be the payment due date.  PM just need to change the overview page to say "Renewal date" instead of "Payment Due Date". 

It was confusing for us who have been with PM for a while.  Now, we need to explain this mess to new members.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So @popping... do you concur with computergeek541 and other comments that all is well...just that they've changed the display?

Everyone, I've looked up my payment history, and I am getting the proper full 30 days of service, but yes, the date that the plan starts again is the date that is shown everywhere now.

It doesn't matter to me which they show, but if they are going to do it like this now, they need to get rid of this line:  "Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to restart."

popping

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@popping wrote:

That is what my understanding too.  My plan payment due date is Nov 25th and renewal date is on Nov 26th. 

My plan should not be expired on the evening of Nov 24th.  PM server is renewing my plan 1 day early.

How can it be expired when it wasn't the 25th or 26th? Sounds like another bug!

It will be correct if PM changed the date on your overview page to the renewal date instead of payment due date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@popping wrote:

That is what my understanding too.  My plan payment due date is Nov 25th and renewal date is on Nov 26th. 

My plan should not be expired on the evening of Nov 24th.  PM server is renewing my plan 1 day early.

It looks to me like they've changed their date displays. I have the same next day showing where before it used to be the last day. Turns out my renewal is the next Saturday night. I'll be watching on Friday night for any shenanigans but I suspect it's really just a display thing

@popping wrote:

expire early.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
@popping wrote:

Update 1: Time is 12:43 AM ET -

PM server added my rewards to my account.

PM is renewing my plan for sure.

Wow. That's messed up. Your earlier image would show correct dates as you understand it...tomorrow. Now with it being after midnight ET, the date will be now.

Looks to me like you just lost a day of pre-paid service. Mod time.

Edit: @popping: since I'm still last poster, I looked at my account and it's the same thing. All dates are now showing as the new term date. It used to be that the overview date was the end of the term and the autopay date was the 2am new term.

I know this because I have a calendar item showing my expectation of the next renewal being the last day of the paid term. But the overview date is now the next day. Now I guess I'll have to keep a close watch on it the day before.

The 611 date is right.

Edit: seems to be a display change by the company. See further down.

popping

Update 1: Time is 12:43 AM ET -

PM server added my rewards to my account.

PM is renewing my plan for sure.

popping

expire early.JPG

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Nomenclature may have changed but the "Payment Due Date" shown on the Overview Page continues to be 1 day before the date "Your next plan cycle starts" that shows under My Rewards.

This is to be sure anyone NOT using autopay makes their payment in time for the renewal that occurs around 2 am ET.

More guesswork about the renewal process here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.