cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan didn't auto renew and can't log in to self serve to make a manual payment

megaman123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a text telling me auto payment didn't work so plan didn't renew. It says to go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca to make a payment and to ensure my cc details and billing address are correct. But I can't log in as it says "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Anyone know why this is happening and how I'm supposed to pay?

My cc is working fine as I logged into my online banking and see no notices of it being disabled.

24 REPLIES 24

@Lucy29 

A good idea to open a customer support ticket. Not being able to access 611 is usually a sign of a much larger issue. To be clear you cannot access "the site" via 611 it only offers limited account information, the ability to pay with vouchers ( no pin # required) and credit card manual top ups and a limited choice of add ons for purchase with your 4 digit account pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lucy29 wrote:

I was able to make a manual payment via my friend's cell.  I wasn't able to access the site with 611.  Everything was disabled.  Up and running now but I have submitted a ticket to find out why this happened.  

@Lucy29   Good to hear and please update us if moderators do get around to sharing that information with you.

Lucy29

I was able to make a manual payment via my friend's cell.  I wasn't able to access the site with 611.  Everything was disabled.  Up and running now but I have submitted a ticket to find out why this happened.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lucy29 wrote:

I just experienced the same thing yesterday.  My phone was also disabled so I couldn't even call *611!  All my credit card info is correct and up to date.  So frustrating!

@Lucy29   You should still be able to dial 611 and make a payment with a registered CC on file as long as you know the PIN, or buy a voucher from retailers, or gas/convenience store and load funds via 611 service.  The 611 service is usually available even if the account has been suspended for lack of payment to allow you to pay up and restart your service.  If you weren't able to do that, there must be other issues going on with the PM service and it looks like there has been quite a few problems with customers unable to make payments last couple of days.

Hopefully, that has now been fixed.  You didn't say if you were finally able to make your payment and now have service?  If not retry the 611 or try your SIM in another phone (if you have access to a compatible one, that is), to rule out any issues with your phone.

@Lucy29 wrote:

I just experienced the same thing yesterday.  My phone was also disabled so I couldn't even call *611!  All my credit card info is correct and up to date.  So frustrating!

@Lucy29 were you able to make a payment and get your services up and running?

Self Serve account seems to be running more smoothly today, so you could make a payment this way.

Unless your account has been deactivated due to suspension more than 90 days, you should still be able to access 611. You will need your Account PIN to do so (note, this is different than your Voicemail PIN/password).

EDIT: you can also access your 611 account by calling 1-855-478-2542 from another phone - fyi.

Lucy29

megaman123

I now have service back and payment was taken. It turns out my cc expired in December. Of course, my cc company sent a newer one, but with the same number. I have two other auto payments for different things and this was not a problem. Also hasn't been a problem in the past for other cards I've had.

Still can't log in to my account so I've asked for that to be looked at.

@megaman123 don't use the private message option especially for important account issues that need quick assistance. there was a time when mods were responding quickly to PM's when SIMon was being maintained. that time has since passed and has gone back to being very slow... 

if you use SIMon you'll receive a response in 1-2 hours

click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

megaman123

Thanks.

I sent a private message this morning. We'll see what happens.

@megaman123 Affer 4 days, try again. It shouldn't be that long.  There might be a backlog.

@megaman123 wrote:

So can a mod acknowledge that both my tickets have been received? I don't think it's acceptable to be going on four days without phone service and have no acknowledgment that my issue has been looked at.

@megaman123 

Moderator response times seems slower than usual the last few days.  You should have gotten a response by now. 

maybe try to send a private message instead

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you need to restart your service now, maybe consider buying a payment voucher.  In store vendors include various gas stations, Shoppers, Walmart, etc.  Online vouchers can be purchased via recharge.com (service fee applies).  Dial 611 and you don't need PIN to use vouchers.  

megaman123

So can a mod acknowledge that both my tickets have been received? I don't think it's acceptable to be going on four days without phone service and have no acknowledgment that my issue has been looked at.

megaman123

How long are we expected to wait for a ticket to be actioned? It's been past 2.5 days now and I am still missing who knows how many calls.

megaman123

I created two tickets, one one Tuesday and one on Wednesday. They are both in the sent box.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@megaman123 wrote:

It's been just about 48 hours now since I submitted the ticket. Any chance they are going to get to my issue? Who knows how many calls and voicemails I've now missed.

Please your private message SENT box before continue to wait for response.

If you create your support ticket, your support ticket should be listed in your SENT box.

If you cannot find any support ticket message in your SENT box, you did not created a ticket yet.  Create another support ticket.

If you find your ticket in your SENT box, wait for moderator help for the rest of today.

There are 6 moderators online at 6:15pm CT.  Some moderator may be on dinner break. 

If you do not get any reply from moderator by tomorrow morning, create another support ticket.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What plan is that?  Is it a current plan or a grandfathered one?  If it is a currently offered plan, I don't see why that would be a problem.  Now if your plan was an old one that is not offered anymore, you might lose that plan.  But you should be still able to log in and check your account.  Please reset your password just in case (in case you have wrongly remembered) and then you should be able to log in with no problems

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I hope Public Mobile can iron out all these autopay issues. I almost think they should have the option to fund your account 3-4 days in advance of your plan renewal as a safety measure. Again, make this a customer option.

megaman123

It's been just about 48 hours now since I submitted the ticket. Any chance they are going to get to my issue? Who knows how many calls and voicemails I've now missed.

@megaman123 wrote:

How long does it usually take for a ticket to be actioned? I think it said up to 48 hours but isn't it usually quicker? I know I am missing calls and voicemails right now.

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

megaman123

How long does it usually take for a ticket to be actioned? I think it said up to 48 hours but isn't it usually quicker? I know I am missing calls and voicemails right now.

megaman123

I don't actually remember my renewal date but this stopped working on the 4th I believe which I believe is very closed to the date.

Forgot password doesn't work. It says: ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled"

I forgot my PIN when I was using *611 so I got nowhere with that. I have submitted a ticket though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@megaman123 : I don't know if you've followed Triguy's post yet but you'll need your 4 digit PIN to pay with the pre-registered card.

What happens when you dial 611 though? When exactly did your plan end?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@megaman123 

Is today your renewal date?

If yes, your account had not been suspended over 90 days and your account was not canceled yet.  Please confirm so that we will supply another solution.  

If you remember your answer to your security question, you can use the "Forgot your password?" link on the login page to reset your password.

If you do not remember the answer to your security question, Create a moderator support ticket for help using https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "forget password and answer to security question".

To verify that you are the owner of your account, use your account PIN #.

If you forgot your PIN#, provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can call 611 to make a payment.

1. Dial *611 from your phone.
  2. Press 1 from the main menu.
  3. Press 2 to pay with your pre-registered payment card.
  4. To make a payment equal to the amount due on your account, press 1. To select the payment amount from a list of options (i.e. $20, $40, etc.), press 2.
  5. To confirm your selection, press 1 once again, and you’ll hear a message confirming your choice.

Try the forgot password link.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.