cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan did not renew?

Brittoates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I just signed up with Public Mobile. When I signed up the lady set me up for auto pay. I thought this would be great cause I wouldn’t have to worry about anything it would just automatically come out every month on the 20th.. but the 20th came around and my account is suspended now.. it never tried to take the money from my account & when I check my account it says I have a balance of $29 & $38 is required to top up.

Its been 3 days now.. I need my phone back up and running but am worried I will pay and then they will charge me another $70 from my bank account.

13 REPLIES 13

Procykgirl

You should check to see if your banking info is connected to you Public Mobile account for automatic renewal. It is possible that it was not properly connected when done in store. If it is there and you still have the issue then you should contact a mod to resolve the issue on their end.

Brittoates

Yeah I’m not sure.. because the service isn’t working at all. I think I will just top it up with the $38 that it needs and then if they try to take another $75 hopefully that will just go on my account for next month! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then yeah check and verify how it's set up for the autopay. Maybe Visa Debit needs to be told that you're making this kind of payment. Assuming Visa Debit - as you said out of your bank account.

If credit card then check with them that you can make online purchases like this and that of course it's valid.

Edit again: around about Aug 20th I seem to think there were promotions. Check all your transactions not long after that. It might explain the non-payment of the SIM and the possibly $25 credit or something. Maybe it was a free second month. I don't remember now. Although apparently that didn't work either.

Brittoates

Yeah it doesn’t show any transactions or any except for a $2 autopay credit on Sept 20th which is when the account should have renewed. I wasn’t told about a promotion but maybe the lady at Walmart didn’t know about it. The auto pay is set up with my Visa Debit card.. 

Brittoates

@Anonymous

It says:

$67 per 30 Days

This plan includes: 

-5GB at 4G LTE Speed
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text

@Brittoates

if you look at your payment history in your self service account, it will provide more details.  I suspect that it is the $25 in store promotion last month, with autopay ($2) x 2.  Not sure if you got a friend referral at the same time.  Are you using a credit card or visa debit for autopay?   There is no debit or direct withdrawl from your bank account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brittoates wrote:

My plan is $67 for 5 gb of data & calling.. I paid $10 in store for the SIM (I signed up at Walmart) and then they charged me $75.71 for the plan. 

My account says that AutoPay is activated on the account.. and that the account is suspended due to insufficient funds.. but my bank account doesn’t show that they ever tried to withdraw a payment 

So you paid cash for the SIM.

I wonder what plan you're actually on. You would see that in your Overview screen.

Brittoates

My plan is $67 for 5 gb of data & calling.. I paid $10 in store for the SIM (I signed up at Walmart) and then they charged me $75.71 for the plan. 

My account says that AutoPay is activated on the account.. and that the account is suspended due to insufficient funds.. but my bank account doesn’t show that they ever tried to withdraw a payment 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brittoates wrote:

Yeah I find that odd as well because I paid $75 or whatever it was when I first got the plan to pay for that first month... and now it’s saying I have a balance of $29.. I’m unsure where that came from ? 

It came from your perhaps over-payment of $75 to cover the perhaps $35 plan plus maybe a $10 SIM depending on where you got it and maybe some taxes in there too. But it would appear maybe that you over-paid leaving you with excess balance in your account. Or maybe you're on 90 days. But still.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which plan do you have?  A $40 plan?

If so, if you paid $75, and $10 was for the SIM, then $40 for the plan, that leaves $25.  (Assuming it was exactly $75 that you paid.)

Brittoates

Yeah I find that odd as well because I paid $75 or whatever it was when I first got the plan to pay for that first month... and now it’s saying I have a balance of $29.. I’m unsure where that came from ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious why the OP is sitting on a $29 balance.

I agree with the above. Use a payment method of your choice to get that balance up to the renewal price and it should pick it up and renew eventually.

Then make sure autopay is properly set up.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you log into selfserve, does it show autopay active?  It's possible the person who signed you up didn't actually activate it.  If this is the case, your balance wasn't high enough to pay for the plan, so your account became suspended.

If autopay is not active, you should be able to make a payment to top up to $38 to cover your plan.

If not, I would contact the Moderator Team so they can look into it and reactivate your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.