cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan did not renew on Autopay

Hoganesque
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2 friends who have signed up with autopay (I referred them). they are paying with the same credit card, For some unknown reason, their payment did not go through and now they both have no service.

They don't remember their e-mail or password to access their account.

I can not figure out how to help them. Can't even put in a ticket because they don't have any account details. Can't use 611 because they don't have phone service.

What to do?

9 REPLIES 9

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Hoganesque wrote:

I have 2 friends who have signed up with autopay (I referred them). they are paying with the same credit card, For some unknown reason, their payment did not go through and now they both have no service.

I can not figure out how to help them. Can't even put in a ticket because they don't have any account details. Can't use 611 because they don't have phone service.

What to do?

Same amount on same day? CC company "may" look at is as fraud. Try on different days or different credit card numbers. Or use the hybrid auto-pay system. 

WendyLiu

Get help

Chat with SIMon
be patience to answer the questions and you will get a place to submit a ticket. Then you can get support quickly after submitting the ticket.

@Luddite 

I wonder though if the OP and/or his friends are simply mistaken about 611 and assuming that it doesn't work because all other services are not working. I certainly got the impression that they had just lost service and simjacking has dramatically reduced to nearly nil.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Hoganesque wrote:

What to do?

If they cannot call 611 they've either a) had their accounts closed because there's been no payments for 3 months, OR b) someone has replaced SIM cards in their accounts. 

In situation a), their account cannot be recovered and they will need to activate new SIM cards.

For b), they must contact the moderators to recover service on their SIMs.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

WendyLiu

I just got resolved the same issue today. It could be your card is expired and you haven’t updated the new expiration info yet. If so, login your account and replace the Visa card.

@Hoganesque 

Tell your friends to purchase vouchers for the same amount or more than their plan amount not the amount that may be "due" or "owing" when they call 611 from their phones. They can also call 1-855-4PUBLIC from any phone and enter their 10 digit phone number to access basic account info pay with a voucher, or pay with the card on file>> only if they know their 4 digit account pin # can they use the card.

Vouchers purchased from 7/11, Shell stations, London Drugs and SDM are all immediately valid and loadable onto the account to pay for their plan via 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC. Just dial and once it connects press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher. They will be told if the voucher was loaded successfully. Reboot the phone and their services should automatically reactivate.

Once they have service again show your friends how to create a community account so they can contact the moderators and come to the community for help and to learn how to manage their service and self serve accounts.

More info and real examples of vouchers and other forms of payment contributed by community members can be found here.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Hoganesque 

It is important for you friends to know their email account and password. Have them look through their email accounts for the welcome message from PM and then they can use the forgot my password link. If they cannot find it contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

If the card is not expired yet, please ask your friend to try Manual Pay on My Account once. 

If it still fails, maybe try using the Replace Card option to re-enter the information of the credit card and then try again.

@Hoganesque wrote:

What to do?

Since both payments failed, this is likely an issue with the credit card itself.  There's not much you can do for your friends other than to give them advice. After a missed autopay payment, a manual payment needs to be made to get the service working again. A voucher can be purchased and apppied using *611.

Need Help? Let's chat.