cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Plan cost is different than deducted amount

My plan cost shows up as being $150 for 90 days. That was also the plan total on the plan I chose.

Yet when I check my account payment history 4 deductions are made and they add up to $225. This has happened twice since I opened my account at PM.

The 4 deductions are:

$25 for 90 day pass

$105 for 6GB data

$65 for talk

$30 for text

What am I missing? It looks like I'm being over-charged.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Plan cost is different than deducted amount

There should also be a credit for the difference between the $225 and the $150 applied.  That difference is the 3 choice discount.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Aside from the credits, you probably have to account for tax as well.

Mayor / Maire

discount_credit_pm.PNG

On my plan, the circled information is the discount.

Mayor / Maire

Yes, everyone, no matter how they pay for service, at the time of payment, all applicable taxes are paid immediately.

You are correct. I do have a credit that makes up the difference. I am being charged correctly.

I do not see taxes being deducted though, unless they are part of the plan cost.

Mayor / Maire

Your credit card statement, or your voucher receipt will show the tax.  Taxes are not shown on the Public Mobile website.

If you're in Ontario, your total charged to your credit card would be $169.50, after taxes.

Mayor / Maire

@Gerry yeah it's a bit confusing.  Sounds like you've got it worked out, but just in case, here's a breakdown I did a while back:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-Website-Changes/m-p/18323...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

How come my monthly debit from credit card is more this month? 

Mayor / Maire

@richardayling was this credit card charge for your first renewal?  There is a bug where sometimes the system does not properly charge sales tax when you activate your service, meaning you under-paid upon activation; however, taxes kick in with the first (and subsequent) renewal.  The prices you see on Public Mobile's site are all pre-tax, and you are taxed on the top-up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.