cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan add-on

rae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ranout of data and ordered an extra 1GB for 30$.

i ordered it thursday, how long does it take to work.  I still cant get internet on my phone.

thanks.

23 REPLIES 23

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Aleks24 wrote:

I still am wondering how long does it take for the add-on to becomne active?  Logically it should be immediate, right?

@Aleks24 yes, it should be immediate

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Aleks24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still am wondering how long does it take for the add-on to becomne active?  Logically it should be immediate, right?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Michael77

Thank you so much! 😄

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shazia_K, great service!  🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

HEHE! THANK YOU! 😄

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

Awesome service (as always!), @Shazia_K!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@rae

Awesome! no worries 😉 

I have removed the add-on from the account because it was added mistakenly, the credit has been left on that account. 

I'll send you a private message in regards to the early renewal 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

rae

@Shazia_K

WOW. "User error" hahah  I think you are right.  I just PM'ed you another number, can you check if i purchased the add-on on that phone?

If so, would it be possible to return the add on??? and just leave the credit on that account, i can use it for the next renewal on that number.

For the actual number i need the data on,  can you do an early renewal to get me data?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you @rae

After reviewing your account, I can see that you have completely used up all of your data allowance for this billing cycle which is ending on the 10th of December. 

Unfortunately, there was no payment done to your account for or any add-on purchased, in fact, the last transaction history is from the 11th of September which is the regular autopay renewal of your price plan. 

Do you happen to have any other Public Mobile accounts? If not, please post a screenshot of your payment history only because on my side there are no transactions as mentioned the last one is from September the 11th. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

rae

Thanks Shazia,

PM'ed my number,.

Michael77

@Shazia_K,

Thanks for looking into this for @rae.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rae

Sincerely sorry to hear about this! 

I did receive a private message from you, however, your phone number was not provided. Can you please send me that information?

Thank you, 

Shazia

rae

@Jeremy_M @Shazia_K @Mary_M 

Can a senior Mod prvide insight???

rae

Nope just checked and did NOT add US roaming 1GB.  Good one though.

srlawren

@rae just to confirm:  you didn't accidentally purchase the 1GB US Roaming add-on, right? 

Have you tried rebooting your phone since the purchase?

rae

hummmm.. they would do this???? Might be an idea, vs the 1GB data plan add-on

rae

thanks all for the replies, 

Sorry if i didnt put enough info in the original post.

I went through the 2 step process, by adding funds and then choosing to buy the add-on with the available funds, everythig went fine and confirmation was received.

It shows up in my add-ons panel, but on my phone it does not give me the needed data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We can lament the two step purchasing process forever as it's likely to be one of those constants in the universe.  Luckily, we have this well put together illustration of how to navigate the process.  I am surprised that it wasn't brought up.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Michael77

I am looking forward to the day PM has a one step process. There should be no confusion then. 

closng

Hi @rae,

The data should work immediately after purchasing the add-on as pointed out by @ShawnC13.

I agree with @Luddite - check in your self-serve account to see if it is showing $30 as the funds available. If that is the case, you will need to purchase the add-on again. Currently, the add-on purchase process is a 2-step process where the first step adds funds to your Public Mobile account and the second step is the actual purchasing of the add-on.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rae Login to your account and look at Available Funds. If it equals $30, just purchase the add-on again and it should take that money. Logout and reboot your phone.

If that is not true follow the previous suggestion. In either case, do not pay again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

How much time is left in your plan? Depending on your data needs you could ask moderators to renew your plan early and by adding the needed funds.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rae, it should work immediately.  There has been a glitch in the addon process.  If you know your PIN that you set up your account with you can call *611 and use the automated phone service,  If you don't know this you will need to message the MODS.  Unfortunately they have left for the day. To message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team

to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.