cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Renewal Date + Extra Data

tsx77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, looking for some assistance.

Today my data cut off and when I tried to connect on my phone, it tried to lead me to a url that had "zero balance" in it. I'm assuming this is because I used all my data.

Questions:

1. How do I tell when my billing cycle begins? Is it when the auto-pay occurs? For me that's supposed to occur today, August 11.

2. I wanted to confirm there's no way to automatically get additional data unless it's pre-purchased? It makes it difficult when I can't connect to the internet to top up my account.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Another option would be to purchase a data add-on for to your account to compliment your plan's data allotment.

200MB for $10, or 1 GB for $30, and these add-ons don't expire until they're used up.

If you run out of your plan's data allotment before your renewal date, the add-on then comes into effect. For example, if you have a plan with 2 GB of data and use it all up before your renewal date, and then used an additional 250 MB of data then your add-on would still have 750 MB left for the next time you need it. When your plan renews, you'll get your regular 2 GB of data to use. Now let's say that you stay within your plans 2 GB of data for the next few months, but in a few months time (let's say December) you happen to use up your plans data then you'd start taking data from the add-on again and have 750 MB available.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tsx77, if your renewal day is August 11, you just have a few more hours to suffer without data.  Tomorrow, you should be on a new cycle.  Go visit a late night coffee shop if you are desperate for wifi.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can't do an early renewal yourself. In the case where you've exhausted your data well before your normal renewal date, you can request a moderator renew your plan early, but that would also mean losing whatever remaining time you had paid for in your current cycle, which you will not get a refund for.

tsx77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

Is it possible to get early renewal if you have auto-pay on?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Your payment due date (as listed in your account overview page) is the last paid day of your expiring cycle.  Therefore, the first day of your new cycle is the next day.  There's no way to get additional data unless it's paid ahead of time.  Since everything is prepaid, there are no overage charges with PM.

BTW, when you've used up all your data, the data meter in your account disappears entirely. In the portal, go to Plan & Add-ons -> Data & Add-on Usage.  If the counter which usually indicates xxxxxx MB (Data limit) / xxxxxx MB (Data used) is absent, then your data has been exhausted.

Need Help? Let's chat.