cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired?

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this a normal occurrence a few hours before new cycle begins tomorrow; with a change of Plan $25 to Plan $15?

Do I have full functionality of my current (Epired) Plan until the actual switch?

edited by computergeek541: screenshot removed

13 REPLIES 13

@barndoor wrote:

@Koombassi wrote:

@barndoor 

Having money in your account is a safety measure. You may have noticed several posts of recent, where for whatever reason the PM system had issues with the credit card. And now another problem ensued. That’s what I am reading so, for me; I want to have a healthy balance in my account to avoid any credit card issues.

Yes .. I know and when I commented  on it,  everyone said  that it really was not a significant enough number of issues to worry about carrying a balance ( but a lot of the experienced here do seem to do just that ).   At this point I'm not going to carry a balance because that means that I can't leave without leaving a balance behind  (kind of negates one of the main selling points of prepaid ) 😉

@barndoor I agree with you 100% on this.

I have yet to have an Autopay failure on my accounts. But if it happens, I will tell ya, I would not hesitate to take it up with the CSAs.

barndoor

@Koombassi wrote:

@barndoor 

Having money in your account is a safety measure. You may have noticed several posts of recent, where for whatever reason the PM system had issues with the credit card. And now another problem ensued. That’s what I am reading so, for me; I want to have a healthy balance in my account to avoid any credit card issues.

Yes .. I know and when I commented  on it,  everyone said  that it really was not a significant enough number of issues to worry about carrying a balance ( but a lot of the experienced here do seem to do just that ).   At this point I'm not going to carry a balance because that means that I can't leave without leaving a balance behind  (kind of negates one of the main selling points of prepaid ) 😉

edited to ad ....give me 12 months here with no issues and maybe I'll reconsider that ...more for addon purposes than anything .

barndoor

@hTideGnow wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

I think saying in big red letters that a plan is expired before it actually is,  is in a league of it's own in that regard, whether the customer still has service or not . 😉

It really should have just say Plan is expiring

But again, i understand why it said expired.  For whatever reason, likely due to the slowness of the system/proess,  system has to start flagging expiring accounts before midnight.    They should just start this process after midnight. 

Or after  the fact   if  payment fails for some reason !! I can't imagine them missing too many seconds  of free service if payment truly fails and going red does nothing to speed up anything but a customer's stress level if they see it  .

Koombassi

@barndoor 

@barndoor wrote:

I think saying in big red letters that a plan is expired before it actually is,  is in a league of it's own in that regard, whether the customer still has service or not . 😉

It really should have just say Plan is expiring

But again, i understand why it said expired.  For whatever reason, likely due to the slowness of the system/proess,  system has to start flagging expiring accounts before midnight.    They should just start this process after midnight. 

barndoor

@BlueB wrote:

@barndoor 

That's a good idea, giving a warning on the "weird stuff" that happens with Public Mobile's service.  Thinking about this a bit more, I think the list of warnings would be very long... such as:

• Activations may be glitchy
  • All plans are 30 day cycles, not monthly
  • Add-Ons require sufficient Account Balance 
  • SIM card orders may take a month
  • ...etc...

Not a bad idea, but I think to keep things "simple" - that's why we have this Community.  🙂

I guess it depends what you call weird stuff  ...  I think saying in big red letters that a plan is expired before it actually is,  is in a league of it's own in that regard, whether the customer still has service or not . 😉

So you have to  have  funds IN the account ,you can't just use the credit card on file to  buy one ? 🙄

Koombassi

@BlueB 

For sure all those large red messages get your attention.

And your suggested list of warnings/alerts is a good idea. I think also a current summary describing Add-ons, how to easily purchase them and how the PM system handles the Add-ons (priority). Plus. I think the important piece that for Add-on data; it rolls over every cycle until it's fully consumed; which at that point, purchase again. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@barndoor 

That's a good idea, giving a warning on the "weird stuff" that happens with Public Mobile's service.  Thinking about this a bit more, I think the list of warnings would be very long... such as:

• Activations may be glitchy
  • All plans are 30 day cycles, not monthly
  • Add-Ons require sufficient Account Balance 
  • SIM card orders may take a month
  • ...etc...

Not a bad idea, but I think to keep things "simple" - that's why we have this Community.  🙂

I think OP is good now  

Yes, I agree the message is scary, EXPIRED  🙂

barndoor

@Koombassi wrote:

Is this a normal occurrence a few hours before new cycle begins tomorrow; with a change of Plan $25 to Plan $15?

Do I have full functionality of my current (Epired) Plan until the actual switch?

You sound surprised .   Were you expecting a more logical  protocol  ? 

Maybe if PM is not going to bother fixing it they could at least put a warning  on that they  don't follow  a normal practice at renewal time  and customers need to check if they still have service to know if they are still in good standing . 

@esjliv , you might want to remove the screenshot from your reply quote as well..  🙂

Update:  Oops.. you just did  .. thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi wrote:

Hi @Koombassi 

YES, that is normal if you still have Working Services!

If you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

FYI - Please remove/edit out your personal info...!!

To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

This is normal.  Plan would start showing expired the night before the actual expiry date. 

** you might want to go back to your post , click modify and remove the screenshot.  It is a bit too much personal information.

Need Help? Let's chat.